Thread: FM Web / Link problems [FMDesktop]

Login to Give a bone

Default FM Web / Link problems [FMDesktop]

I've installed Autocad 2008 on 2 computers. I then installed Facility Web 6.5 and Facility Link 6.5 on both. I've opened the configuration drawings for both web and link on both computers.

On the first computer, the configuration drawings installs both Facility Link and Web without any problems.

On the second computer, the configuration drawings both open, both installations run and report Iinstallation Completed, but only one of them actually installs. In other words, the one I run first installs in AutoCad, but the second one, although reporting Installation Completed, doesn't install into AutoCad

Has anybody got any idee how to fix this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FM Web / Link problems [FMDesktop]

Quote Originally Posted by mbarnard View Post
    I've installed Autocad 2008 on 2 computers. I then installed Facility Web 6.5 and Facility Link 6.5 on both. I've opened the configuration drawings for both web and link on both computers.

On the first computer, the configuration drawings installs both Facility Link and Web without any problems.

On the second computer, the configuration drawings both open, both installations run and report Iinstallation Completed, but only one of them actually installs. In other words, the one I run first installs in AutoCad, but the second one, although reporting Installation Completed, doesn't install into AutoCad

Has anybody got any idee how to fix this?
    I know this was mentioned on another forum that were some 2008 issues with Facility Link 6.5, and they said a service pack was needed to fix them... I don't know if what is out there yet is what fixes it or not (I'm using 7.0 myself)

http://www.autodesk.com/fmdesktop-support
    sorry, I can't get a direct link to the downloads, it says the site is down for maint...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FM Web / Link problems [FMDesktop]

If you want to run AutoCAD 2008 (or other ACAD-based products) with Facility Link, you need to move up to version 7.1. That is the first FMDesktop release to be tested and compatible with 2008 products.