Thread: Notes for Door Schedules

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Notes for Door Schedules

In an effort to automate schedules as much as possible, I have created our door schedule to reference a key schedule in order to fill out the comments column. When the keynote is applied to the comments column, this in turn updates a schedule that lists the corresponding note. This schedule is then placed below the door schedule on our sheets. However, someone brought something to my attention the other day. The schedule that lists just the notes will only report what has been applied to the comments column in the door schedule via the key schedule.

Basically this means if I have a door that needs to reference Note1, a door that references Note3 and a door that references Note3 and Note2, Note2 will not show up in the schedule notes because there is not a single instance of it on the door schedule even though it shows up in the key schedule. I have tried combinations of filtering and sorting the different schedules, but cannot seem to get a note to list in the schedule notes if it does not exist in the door schedule.

If this makes sense to anybody, I’d love some help. I have attached a sample project with the door and room finish schedules. They both are essentially set up the same way.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Notes for Door Schedules

I can see what you are trying to do, but I think you might be trying to push the limitations of what Key Schedules can do. Your over complicating it for no extra advantage.

Key Schedules can be useful to assign a set of 'rules' (for lack of a better term) to a single Key. But what you want to do, in a way, is 'group' a few keys under a single Key, which you cannot do. Sorry, that's the best I can explain it.

What you will have to do is keep your door key schedule which you will put onto your sheet/s as normal, and then in your door schedule add a parameter in which you will enter Note 1, Note 1 & 2, etc. I have attached an amended example file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chad Smith; 2007-09-08 at 01:03 AM. Reason: File upload