Thread: Inventor Series not installing AutoCAD Mech

Login to Give a bone

Default Inventor Series not installing AutoCAD Mech

Autodesk Inventor Series - includes AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical and Mechanical Desktop. I installed Inventor 2008 and checked the box to install AutoCAD Mechanical. Inventor installed but AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 will not install. See attachments. The JPG file is what displays at the end of the install and the TXT file is the contents of "Autodesk Inventor 2008 Setup.log". On AutoDesk.com I found what looked like an exact match that said to us MSCONFIG and turn off any services that were not MicroSoft services, then install. It didn't work. Any run across this before?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Inventor Series not installing AutoCAD Mech

Note: I've moved this thread (but left a link) to the MDT group, as the installation is related to the MDT install.

There's another log file (I can't remember the name and I deleted it from my system, I'm afraid. But it's located in the temp directory and should have a *.log extension.

The other option is to create a 'non-silent' install deployment, and try to deploy from that. I've had some luck with this because the deployment will often give you errors that don't show up in the log file and can help tell you where it's going bad, instead of simply 'installation failed'.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

Login to Give a bone

This installation is part of the Inventor 2008 installation and is on an Inventor 2008 installation DVD. What is a non-silent install deployment? The other log file is almost 14mb. AcmSwl2008Install.log . Still no resolution.

Login to Give a bone

Here's what happened. We copied the DVD installation disks to our network. We copied DVD-1 to one folder and copied DVD-2 to another folder. We started the installation from DVD-1 folder. There-in is the problem. It didn't know were to find the other DVD. To fix, we copied DVD-2 into DVD-1 folder and ignored like files. Then started the setup with the setup executible from DVD-1. The installation proceeded without incident. I found the answer on AutoDESK discussion groups. http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...hreadID=585959

Thanks for your help.