Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multileaders with Blocks?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Multileaders with Blocks?

Is it possible to associate a multileader with a block entity? I think it would be great if I could have my finish tags and call out tags attached to their leaders so that I don't have to move them the old fashioned way, which is to say, by stretching.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multileaders with Blocks?

in the multileader style options you can set it to a block. the block has to be in the drawing at the time and has to be at full scale - if your text is 3/32" then the block text needs to be that high. imo its best to make them and then make sure they are in your template so they are accessible to anyone.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Excellent! AutoCAD 2008 gets cooler by the day. We recently upgraded from 2000i, so there's some catching up to do.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mockdeep View Post
    Excellent! AutoCAD 2008 gets cooler by the day. We recently upgraded from 2000i, so there's some catching up to do.
    yikes! thats a big jump.

good luck =)

you should look into the webcasts autodesk puts on - there is one coming up before too long.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Yeah, I'm trying to absorb as much as I can. I have a couple of books at home and I am on AUGI constantly. I have been designated resident CAD guru despite the fact that I am just as new to 2008 as anybody else here. I'll get there someday.

Login to Give a bone

may as well piggyback -- is there a way to get the multileader to attach to different points on the block? It will attach at the left-center or right-center, but what if I need it to attach to the top or bottom? Or what if I want the leader line to go straight from the block to the arrowhead (without a landing)?

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4d View Post
    may as well piggyback -- is there a way to get the multileader to attach to different points on the block? It will attach at the left-center or right-center, but what if I need it to attach to the top or bottom? Or what if I want the leader line to go straight from the block to the arrowhead (without a landing)?
    Your block can only attach to one point, specifically the insert or basepoint of the block. You can, however, nix the landing. When prompted for the second point, hit return or right-click, and it will move on to the block part. Another option is to remove the landing option from the Multileader settings.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Multileaders with Blocks?

I have the exact problem. And it realy annoys me when i want the leader to attach to the bottom or top of the block. I dont understand what you mean to make that work. Im using AutoCAD 2009LT. I hope its not a LT thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CADDmanVA View Post
    When prompted for the second point, hit return or right-click, and it will move on to the block part. Another option is to remove the landing option from the Multileader settings.
    When I do this he simply puts the block (im using the circle one) on the right side of the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by CADDmanVA View Post
    Another option is to remove the landing option from the Multileader settings.
    This results in the same output. Block goes on the left or right.

When i use the option to place the content first then the leader, I only get the left or right options for the block.

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eddy View Post
    ...When i use the option to place the content first then the leader, I only get the left or right options for the block.
    Perhaps this is where disconnect is. I place the arrowhead first, then the block. PM me your email addy, and I will send you a copy of my Multileader style to see how it works for you.

Login to Give a bone

I have send you my email addy in a pm. I have tried to do it with the arrow first, but then he also chooses only left or right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast