Thread: Draw Order

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Draw Order

I'm working in AutoCAD 2008 and am having a problem with the draw order command.

This particular project is highlighting process loops in P&ID drawings. We are taking a client's existing drawing and creating tabs to show different processes. In each tab we are copying the loop lines to a new layer, changing the VP layer color to yellow (for example) and changing all other layers to gray (so that the yellow stands out). My problem is that after saving the drawing and reloading it sometimes the gray lines are atop the yellow ones when they should remain below (where they were set with draw order). The weird part of all of this is that nothing seems to be constant. Some times I can regen and everything is OK other times not.

Since I didn't create the files I have no idea what strange settings may be in effect and have even less of an idea how to correct this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Draw Order

Hi Tom! Does your workstation have a multi-core processor? If so, the sysvar WHIPTHREAD could be the fault. Check it out in the help menu.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Draw Order

Thanks, some of our machines are multi-core. It never occurred to me to suspect that. I'll take a look and see if you've found the culprit.

Tom

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Draw Order

I was just trying to implement a script file to apply "draw order" to a whole batch of files (approx. 100) that has a requirement for hatch patterns to be placed below all other geometry. So far I haven't been able to find information about the specific command syntax to enable me to accomplish this. Can this be done or am I wasting my time trying to do something that may require more sophisticated code (in which case I'm out of luck).
    Richard Domke, AutoCad Neophyte (of almost 14 yrs)
    EAC Consulting, Miami