See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: New Utility to get elements on a certain level

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: New Utility to get elements on a certain level

thanks Steve, you're right, rehost isn't easy indeed, even manually.
    haven't tried your Selection Master yet, will download and try it later, before that, just a quick question, can your tool rehost multiple group instances, say to another level?

Login to Give a bone

Yes it can. It also has options to rehost and leave in the same place or to rehost and move. Leave in the same place does not change the physical location, just modifies offsets and level base and move keeps the offset parameter and moves the object in space.

For example if you have level 1 at 0'0" and level 2 at 15'0" and you rehost an object with 0'0" offset from level 1 to level 2 same place would end up with the same object based on level 2 with a -15'0" offset and move would end up with the same oject based on level 2 with a 0'0" offset.

Let me know what you think when you get a chance to try the tool. Feel free to PM or email me any suggestions too.

Login to Give a bone

Will this addin work with Revit 2015?

I have a few levels in a project which I want to delete but I have no idea what is associated to the level and don't want to risk losing anything.

If this doesn't work, is there any other addin that will do this?

Login to Give a bone

Hi Jozi,

As mentioned above, the GetLevel has been incorporated into Selection Master. It's doubtful that the original command will work in 2015 but you are welcome to try. Otherwise Selection Master holds the same (improved) functionality as well as other functionality and should be able to do what you are looking for.

Thanks,
    Steve

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Steve,

How do I install the Get Level plugin into Revit?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

As mentioned above, GetLevel has been incorporated into Selection Master. It's doubtful that the original command will work in any newer version of Revit (I think the last version was 2009 if I recall) but you are welcome to try. Otherwise Selection Master holds the same (improved) functionality as well as other functionality and should be able to do what you are looking for.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sfaust View Post
    I've created (with lots of help from GuyR and Elizabeth Shulok in this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=70906) a utility that will find all of the elements that are associated with a certain level.

The reason I created this is to help out with times when you want to delete a level. Revit does not warn you about what is associated with a certain level (and therefore will be deleted when the level is deleted. We have had cases where minor levels were deleted and we found out later that some elements were deleted with the level that we didn't realize were associated.

So, simply run this tool, which will give a list of levels in the project, let you choose one, and then show you all the elements on that level or tell you if there are none. It will also then let you select or select and show the elements.

One caveat is that stacked walls seem to act a little strange. They do not schedule in themselves, but the pieces of them will show up twice; once as a wall and once as a curtain panel. Try it with a simple project with only a single stacked wall and you'll see what I mean. Because of this I have put in a warning if there are stacked walls present telling the user just this. This does not, however, effect the selecting/showing. All elements will be selected still.

I'm very new to programming so go easy if there are bugs, but please let me know and also if you have any ideas for improvements let me know.

Steve
    Hello I would like to use your tool for the reasons listed above. Can you tell me how once downloaded one uses this within Revit? Also I am in Revit 2018 so this must not compatible after further reading in your thread.. any insight is appreciated and thank you!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jamie.carp811202 View Post
    Hello I would like to use your tool for the reasons listed above. Can you tell me how once downloaded one uses this within Revit? Also I am in Revit 2018 so this must not compatible after further reading in your thread.. any insight is appreciated and thank you!
    Yes unfortunately GetLevel won't work on newer versions of Revit as the API has changed significantly since that last update. However as I mentioned above all the functionality (and more) of GetLevel has been incorporated into the commercial software Selection Master (available at http://revolutiondesign.biz/selectio...Mfeatures.html). You would need to purchase Selection Master for these features; note that there is also a free trial available.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789