Thread: Exterior Elevations

Login to Give a bone

Default Exterior Elevations

I was wondering if anyone knew a way that i could create a clip line on my exterior elevations. I tried to use the XCLIP command, when i selected the elevation, the command prompt stated (1 was ineligible for clipping.) Could anyone help me out with this? I am just trying to clip off part of my foundation on the exterior elevaiton.
    Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Exterior Elevations

Quote Originally Posted by ty_demo15 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew a way that i could create a clip line on my exterior elevations. I tried to use the XCLIP command, when i selected the elevation, the command prompt stated (1 was ineligible for clipping.) Could anyone help me out with this? I am just trying to clip off part of my foundation on the exterior elevaiton.
    Thanks
    Well, without seeing how much you want to clip, this is what I'd do.
    Draw lines over the lines you want erased, then right click on the elevation, go to linework, merge lines. After you pick the lines, a box will appear with a drop down. Select "erased vectors" and hit okay. The lines should now be erased. If you want the clip to be closed, you can then draw a line, go through the same process, but instead of selecting "erased vectors", hit the box above the pulldown and select any line that appears to be the color you want (some elevations have different subdivisions). It will automatically merge it to the correct subdivision.
    Hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll see if there's a better way.

Login to Give a bone

Okay, i've tried that both ways you described. It erased the original line that i drew, but still left the foundation that i was wanting to hide. I appriciate the input, if you have any other ideas please let me know.
    Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Okay, i think i've got it to work. I added a Material Boundry to the elevation. Then in the dialog box selected to erase the linework. But wouldnt have gotten that w/o your response. Thanks a lot!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ty_demo15 View Post
    Okay, i think i've got it to work. I added a Material Boundry to the elevation. Then in the dialog box selected to erase the linework. But wouldnt have gotten that w/o your response. Thanks a lot!
    Hey, no problem. Actually, that was my next suggestion. I wasn't sure how much you needed to clip. I was thinking it was just a corner with a few lines. Material boundries are the greatest!