See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Cadized State Seals??

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Official Cadized State Seals??

Attached (I hope) is a database I put together a few years ago. We went to each state online and found the document signing requirements. Let me say, ahead of time, that:

1. Rely on this database at your own risk.

2. This was specifically for structural documents, although I would suspect the requirements are similar for other disciplines.

3. Images of the stamps are only included for those states in which *we* did business at the time.

4. Although the state may say one thing about what their signing requirements are, the local jurisdiction may or may not follow.

I hope this is of some use to my fellow CADDers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I have updated the Washington seal per our stamp in our office. I'm assuming this one is correct for MEP engineers.

I've also added the expiration box. Word on the streets is that the expiration date needs to be hand-written.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

y'all realize that a 'digital signature' is NOT a digitzed or scanned picture of some ones handwriting? And it not lines or plines sketched in. Doing that is pretty much meaningless in any court in any jurisdiction. a picture of some ones signature is never the same thing as their signature.

Digital signatures, on the other hand are legally binding using public and private key encryption, and apply to the electronic files only - not the hard copies. From Acad help:

To attach a digital signature to a file, you must have a digital ID (certificate), which is issued by a certificate authority. A digital ID identifies either an individual or an organization.

A digital ID contains a name, serial number, expiration date, and other information that certifies the digital signature. From a certificate authority, you can obtain digital IDs with a security level of Low, Medium, or High.

calling a 'sketched-on-a-tablet' drawing of a hand signature a "Digital Signature" is sorta like calling a ceiling a roof.

For a good read on signature and other digital security topics, I'd recommend reading "Secrets and Lies - Digital Security in a Networked World" by Bruce Schneier

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

FWIW, if I "cadized" anyone of my Architects or Engineers stamps you would find my head rolling down the street, sans body.

ACote

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123