Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howe Flat Truss not displaying in course view on Roof Framing Plan

I could stop if I wanted to scowsert's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Howe Flat Truss not displaying in course view on Roof Framing Plan

I'm using a Howe truss attached to my roof.

In course view, wire frame it displays. If I set wireframe to hidden it doesn't display. If I hide the roof it is there. If I set my display to Medium or fine it displays as a hidden lines. I want it to display as a solid line (like course, wireframe) but in the Hidden view.

Help!

The smarter I get the more I realize I don't know.
    Last edited by scowsert; 2007-12-06 at 12:44 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Howe Flat Truss not displaying in course view on Roof Framing Plan

Can anyone confirm what I'm seeing? I'm running Revit Structural 2008 sp3

Login to Give a bone

In Visibility/Graphics Overrides (tpye VG from the view) you could try setting the 'Detail Level' for 'Structural Trusses' to 'Coarse' instead of using 'By View'.

This will make the trusses display in their coarse level of detail not matter what you set the view detail level to.

Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

i tried to do the same thing and im getting the same issue. even when i change the visibility graphics of the truss, it's still not visible. could it have to do with the truss family? i tried to edit but to no avail...

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

The symbolic representation of the truss doesn't show through the roof (or a floor for that matter)

I have looked into it previously and I cant see a way to alter how the symbolic lines display, I have found just setting the roof to display transparent in that plan is the way to go, I think this is reasonable anyway

Setting to medium\fine detail should display the truss (depending on other visibility overides) but it will display the full truss and not the symbolic line

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by benmay View Post
    The symbolic representation of the truss doesn't show through the roof (or a floor for that matter)

I have looked into it previously and I cant see a way to alter how the symbolic lines display, I have found just setting the roof to display transparent in that plan is the way to go, I think this is reasonable anyway

Setting to medium\fine detail should display the truss (depending on other visibility overides) but it will display the full truss and not the symbolic line
    Have you tried using Linework tool? Set your view to wireframe to be able to see the trusses then apply a linework to make ti solid. When you set your view to hidden lines again, the trusses should show as solid lines.

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Carvalho View Post
    Have you tried using Linework tool? Set your view to wireframe to be able to see the trusses then apply a linework to make ti solid. When you set your view to hidden lines again, the trusses should show as solid lines.

Andre Carvalho
    I just tried it in 2008 and I wasn't able to select it.

benmay - if I set the roof as transparent then the walls don't display as hidden. I think I know what you'll say next, overide the graphics on the walls. Well I can't override all of them because all of my walls aren't below a roof. I suppose then I end up selecting the walls and setting each one individually to hidden. Yuck-a-roo.

Login to Give a bone

I don't see anything different in 2009 either.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by scowsert View Post
    benmay - if I set the roof as transparent then the walls don't display as hidden. I think I know what you'll say next, overide the graphics on the walls. Well I can't override all of them because all of my walls aren't below a roof. I suppose then I end up selecting the walls and setting each one individually to hidden. Yuck-a-roo.
    True, but I wouldnt show my walls as hidden under a sheet roof anyway (unless you are talking an R.C. roof then you have a problem)

This is a bug with trusses, we should be able to set a symbolic line similar to beams

Or the truss should at least work to the same display properties of the framing family in the truss.

Login to Give a bone

Bumping into this yet again. Grumbble grummble... Darn trusses. Behave will ya!

"I really do like Revit!" I keep telling myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast