See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Autocad WS

Login to Give a bone

Default Autocad WS

Is there any discussion about Autocad WS? I cannot find it. I am having trouble with making it useful or transferring drawings. It is not supported for Autocad 2012 and the web app requires Flash player 9, which is no longer supported. Does Autodesk support WS? It seems like a useful idea for my use, but I have not been able to get it to work.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad WS

Quote Originally Posted by Oeftger195125 View Post
    Is there any discussion about Autocad WS? I cannot find it. I am having trouble with making it useful or transferring drawings. It is not supported for Autocad 2012 and the web app requires Flash player 9, which is no longer supported. Does Autodesk support WS? It seems like a useful idea for my use, but I have not been able to get it to work.
    There is not a forum for AutoCAD WS yet (mobile app or cloud service), so, feel free to ask any questions here.

I have used the AutoCAD WS iPhone app a few times, but, simply by emailing myself a dwg, and the app opens it.

I have only used the cloud version once, just last week, but, not with AutoCAD 2012. It seemed to operate fine. I uploaded a drawing file from home, but, I've just tried logging in from here and it works just as well from here... I can see the file I uploaded when I tried it out (the file is a bracket, courtesy of the support files in Mastering AutoCAD).

I'm using Firefox as my browser in both locations. Windows XP 64bit here at the office, and Windows 7 64bit at home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply. I hope there are others who have used WS that have had success and helpful experience.
    Currently I only have Autocad LT 2012 at work. If you can believe this, there is no plug-in for AC 2012. and the Web app that can be accessed from the WS site requires Flash Player 9, which is no longer supported by Adobe. Unless I am missing something, I have NO way to transfer AC files to the WS server.

The WS team just updated the iTunes app (Feb 2012), but seems to be behind the times with AC 2012 and the latest Flash Player (11). Maybe they cannot make it work with the latest Flash player?

I do have an iPad at home that I would like to experiment with if I could get my files.

Any suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

What browser are you using? I can access WS successfully using the latest version of Chrome, and IE9.

There was a WS plug in for LT 2011, so I'm fairly certain this was built into 2012. What makes you think that this functionality is not supported in 2012?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

In fact, according to this AutoCAD LT expert, the WS functionality is integrated into 2012 (hence the lack of a plug in).
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

I'm running Flash 11x & Firefox 10.0.2 and can access AutoCAD WS just fine...

Perhaps you are running an older version of flash or a version of an internet browser that doesn't run the latest version of flash?
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

I have been using Firefox, the latest version I downloaded for Windows XP. When I selected the web app option on the WS site it took me to an alert page that said I needed to have Flash Player 9 installed. I have FP 11 installed.

If AC LT 2012 has the WS feature built in, I would like to know how to find it and use it. Suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Oeftger195125 View Post
    If AC LT 2012 has the WS feature built in, I would like to know how to find it and use it. Suggestions?
    I just discovered a video tutorial that explains the upload feature in the ribbon. I guess I was to busy to explore this on my own. I will try it out when I get to work on Monday.

Login to Give a bone

Here is a new problem. Now that I have found the Online tab to connect to WS, I am "Unable to connect to the Autocad WS Service". I have been looking for a way to check the configuration to see if this is the problem, but I am lost. Any suggestions?