See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Duct Fitting Style Changes

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Duct Fitting Style Changes

I am trying to make the Rise/Drop for all my duct fittings show up with a 1.0 LTS and a Lineweight of 0.010". This has worked with other objects, but doesn't seem to work for the rise/drop for the fittings.

I thought that maybe I was changing the properties of the wrong item, but if I turn off the "Rise Drop" Display Component, the correct lines turn off, so I am pretty sure I am changing the right component.

You can see in the screenshot that changing both the LTS (to 1.0 from 0.5) and the Lineweight (from BYLAYER to 0.010") does not modify the lines - they still show up with a LTS of 0.5 and a lineweight of 0.020" (which is BYLAYER).

-Buzz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Duct Fitting Style Changes

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I am trying to make the Rise/Drop for all my duct fittings show up with a 1.0 LTS and a Lineweight of 0.010". This has worked with other objects, but doesn't seem to work for the rise/drop for the fittings.

I thought that maybe I was changing the properties of the wrong item, but if I turn off the "Rise Drop" Display Component, the correct lines turn off, so I am pretty sure I am changing the right component.

You can see in the screenshot that changing both the LTS (to 1.0 from 0.5) and the Lineweight (from BYLAYER to 0.010") does not modify the lines - they still show up with a LTS of 0.5 and a lineweight of 0.020" (which is BYLAYER).

-Buzz
    I do not use AMEP, so this is a guess on my part, but perhaps it will be helpful until someone who knows AMEP can provide a more definitive answer. If the Rise/Drop duct fittings are defined using AutoCAD Blocks, rather than being parametrically generated by AMEP, then perhaps the Lineweight of the nested objects within the block definition is set to ByLayer rather than ByBlock. If the Layer of the nested objects were set to 0, then a ByLayer Lineweight would be expected to pickup the Lineweight assigned to the Layer on which the fitting was inserted. A ByBlock setting should use the Lineweight assigned to component.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I think I understand what you are saying, but since this is a parametric part I don't think that will make a difference. I am setting the lineweight to be forced 0.010" anyway, so it should override the BYLAYER setting. If I change this for any other item (lining, insulation, contour, etc.) - it works correctly.

There is something "special" about the Rise Drop...

Thanks for the help!

-Buzz

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Sweet action, I got it to work! Thanks for your reply David, it made me look at this from a different direction...

All I had to do was change the layer lineweight setting for "G-Risr-Std-High" to be 0.010" and it shows up correctly. For some reason the Rise Drop setting doesn't allow Layer overrides, but all the others do.

A beer for you David, thanks again!

-Buzz