Summary: A railing tool that better deals with real life conditions of required railing extensions and returns (including multi-flight stairs & landing transitions), and baluster locations. As well as better handling of common commercial/institutional railing types like monolithic glass.

Description: A railing tool that better deals with real life conditions of required railing extensions and returns (including multi-flight stairs & landing transitions), and baluster locations. As well as better handling of common commercial/institutional railing types like monolithic glass.

How Used: I have worked on two projects that require monolithic glass railings. These types of rails require custom placed joints between the panels. I need to be able to place "balusters" or joints at regular intervals, I also need to tweak the location based on stair runs or length. The same is true for common metal picket rails with regards to correct baluster placement, and dealing with how all rails return to each other at ends & on multi-flight stairs.

Feature Affinity: Stairs, Ramps, and Railings

Submitted By: Robert Manna on September 24, 2007