Thread: Horizontal Mullion Join at Corner

Login to Give a bone

Default Horizontal Mullion Join at Corner

I cannot get the horizontal mullions shown in the lower right of the image to join so they miter together. They join fine most of the time. I've been fiddling for for a while -- pulled the ends apart and joined back together, cut and pasted each curtain wall back into place, the profiles have not been edited. Are there any suggestions on how to repair?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Horizontal Mullion Join at Corner

you probably already got an answer to this, but I was just having the same problem. What helped me was to do the following:

1) Pull one of the ends back from the join (at this point, you should have one corner mullion on one of the two walls)
    2) Check to see if that mullion is pinned or not. If it is, unpin it, delete it and add the mullion back manually.
    3) Rejoin the curtain walls. You may have to grab the grip on both the walls (once on one, and once on another) to get them to join.

I am working with a glass corner mullion that is one inch think at the corners. I have seen threads of people talking about using walls and deleting the corner mullion. This might work better than my current route, but for you, you are actually using a corner mullion so hopefully this will help.
    Last edited by josh.made4worship; 2009-01-28 at 05:35 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Horizontal Mullion Join at Corner

Just an update...what I said didn't always work. A couple of other things to try:

1) pull both ends away from original place. Do step 2 above. Then use the trim tool to trim the walls back together.
    2) Before rejoining the walls, set both the bottom horizontal mullions that aren't joining to "break at join"...which is really wierd to me cause it seems like you would want to set them to "continuous" but it seems to act opposite to what it actually does...

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by josh.made4worship; 2009-01-28 at 05:35 AM.