Thread: Fields in ttl blk connected to SSM

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Fields in ttl blk connected to SSM

So I have a template sheet manager template which has info that can be linked from a title block. When setting up the custom info with the SSM template, I have to link the attributed info to sheet as shown in the pic, rather than 'currentsheetcustomset'. After I create a new sheet, the field info does not apply or update until I go into the field and change it. If I try to do this from within the template and I select custom, I get nothing in the drop-down box and therefore, that is the reason why I selected it this way. What could I be doing wrong or how can I go about this? Thanks much and I hope I have provided enough clear info as this is rather hard to describe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fields in ttl blk connected to SSM

Quote Originally Posted by cadman_meg View Post
    So I have a template sheet manager template which has info that can be linked from a title block. When setting up the custom info with the SSM template, I have to link the attributed info to sheet as shown in the pic, rather than 'currentsheetcustomset'. After I create a new sheet, the field info does not apply or update until I go into the field and change it. If I try to do this from within the template and I select custom, I get nothing in the drop-down box and therefore, that is the reason why I selected it this way. What could I be doing wrong or how can I go about this? Thanks much and I hope I have provided enough clear info as this is rather hard to describe.
    if your question boils down to: How does one apply SSM info to fields in a title block, then the answer (for the easiest way i've found) is to start a new "sheet" in the template SSM, and "EDIT block in PLACE" in the SSM sheet file. this way the SSM field info is available for the fields.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

That part works fine, when using the default field info from within the SSM. The fields having issues are those with custom tags.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadman_meg View Post
    That part works fine, when using the default field info from within the SSM. The fields having issues are those with custom tags.
    two things: i NEVER work in the master template (drawing) file, it's always an actual sheet applied to the 'setup' SSM project. after it works as i need, then i block it back into the template file.

second, you can't apply them when working in the Block Editor. you HAVE to use the "REFEDIT" command to apply the fields (the link is broken in the BE), and you should be using the "currentsheetcustomset" field, as that's where the custom fields created by you are located.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum