Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beam/Slab Join

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Beam/Slab Join

Quote Originally Posted by lzaras View Post
    Ted,
    My guess is that, in your plan view, the beam going horizontally across your picture (I don't see a Beam tag to tell you exactly which one) is probably a different depth from your B2.
    Thanks for the reply, that is not a beam but a concrete wall.

This is basically a concrete corridor with columns and beams (like a portal frame) spaced evenly. Everything is the same material.

The tops of beams, tops of walls, tops of columns and top of slab are all at the same elevaton.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    ...that is not a beam but a concrete wall.
    OK... However, the Wall is still a different depth from the beam B2. That's why you're seeing that line in plan view.

Login to Give a bone

One thing the I have done to get rid of unwanted lines it on the movify tab under the view section select the linework button. Then set the line style to be invisible. Then select the line that you want to go away. You will sometimes have to select it twice since there might be a hidden line behind that one.

Try it and let me know if it works.

I could stop if I wanted to scowsert's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

OK... However, the Wall is still a different depth from the beam B2. That's why you're seeing that line in plan view.
    Exactly... Beam stops at X distance down while the wall continues down. What Revit is showing is indeed correct. Now if you want to modify that you can. Try the linework tool but yeah... it'll be less accurate then what Revit shows.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Thanks for the reply, that is not a beam but a concrete wall.

This is basically a concrete corridor with columns and beams (like a portal frame) spaced evenly. Everything is the same material.

The tops of beams, tops of walls, tops of columns and top of slab are all at the same elevaton.
    Make sure your view depth is below the bottom of the beam. When that doesn't work, you can try to un-join the beam from the slab and re-join. When that fails, you can select the slab, then hit the un-join (this will un-join the slab from everything it's touching) and try to re-join each element back to the slab. When that fails, you can delete the beam and start over. That usually works. You need to make sure that all materials are the same.
    Slabs are supposed to cut thru anything. Which can cause modeling errors. One other thing to try is to grab the end of a beam and pull it back from the intersection. Let go, and the pull it back to it's correct location. That works about half the time. If that fails, open the file detached and do a save as, and open it back up again. You could also try to copy the all the modeled elements that you're having issues with, and paste them into a new model. If that doesn't work you can always send it to Ken, or Adesk support, but I wouldn't wait for an answer.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by scowsert View Post
    Exactly... Beam stops at X distance down while the wall continues down. What Revit is showing is indeed correct. Now if you want to modify that you can. Try the linework tool but yeah... it'll be less accurate then what Revit shows.
    Ohhh, now I understand.Thanks for the clarification. I just expected to see everything at the cut plane and not the wall below.It makes sense (to me now) that you would see the wall line below.I suppose I can live with this, but if I ever have to "deal with this" I will try some of your suggestions.My guess is if I were to bring the bottom view plane to above the bottom of the deepest beam that would give me the results I was looking for.Thanks everyone

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

This was solution for me, thanx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123