Hi, I'm working on my first project in Revit - a parking garage which implements cellular beams for the majority of framing.

I've installed the latest build of Revit Structure 2008 and see that Castellated and Cellular beams show up in the Imperial Families folder. However, only two types for each exist. When I duplicate, rename, and edit either of the provided types, I am greeted w/ an error message - 'cannot create type: LB27X50...' and some syntax or code that I do not understand. I have been using parameters from Smart Beam (CMC Steel Products), and have been careful to use the correct values.

Is there something I am doing incorrectly? Is there some way to remedy this error?

I have noticed that all steel framing member families except castellated and cellular beams and bar plates have types to pick from when loading into projects. I am assuming that this is because the hole sizes and spacing vary per project. However I am of the opinion that this could be edited in place if all available sizes had corresponding types.
Maybe another thing to add to the wish list...

At this point I am bumping along w/ a make-shift family created from the wide-flange template.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

Much appreciated,

R