I've placed this in the AC2008 forum, maybe this is a better place for it.

The problem I'm having is:
I've got an attributed block, which I want to link (using a field) to a MText object. Now that's fine in theory, but the attribute now also shows all the control codes in the MText, e.g. \p for returns. I thought I could try removing them using the Diesel string manipulator functions, but no cigar.

Here's what I tried:
1. Create the field link to the MText's contents.
2. Select & copy the field code listed at the bottom of the dialog.
3. Change the field to Other/Diesel Expression.
4. Use say the $(substr, method, pasting the previous field code as the source string.

This works fine, until you click the OK button. The field appears correct, but won't update if the MText is changed. So I went back to the field dialog and saw that the "field within field" has disappeared. Only the original text of the MText is shown where I pasted the field code in step 4 above.

Does anyone know if I did something wrong, or if there's a better or easier way, or even just one that works.

The method above works when using formulas in fields, but seems to not work for Diesel expressions. I've noticed that when using this firld inside a field in formulas, the code is changed to a field pointer (%<\_FldPtr 1885652536>%) instead of the usual %<\AcObjProp Object(%<\_ObjId 1913540096>%).....>%. I tried copying this to a diesel as well, but then it doesn't work at all.