Thread: Ram To Revit Link

Login to Give a bone

Default Ram To Revit Link

I hope someone can help me with this. I am about to pull my hair out. I am trying to export my model from Revit Structure 2008 into Ram Structural System 11.3 using the RSS Link To RST2008 v2.1. After I build my model in Revit using general sizes, I send the model to Ram. Once opened in Ram, I run a data check to find that I have 392 Errors and 8 Warnings. The errors are stating that wall #xx is has another wall framing into its interior on layout ________, and beam #xx not supported. Unfortunately, these are the results I have gotten for all three of the attempts to use this link. For the previous projects, I have scraped the ram model and input the elements from scratch. But as ya'll know, this is very time consuming. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Don Williams

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ram To Revit Link

I have run into this problem too. RAM doesn't like it if one wall frames into another wall. It needs to have walls divided at intersections. The Revit Link doesn't translate that, I think it just takes whatever wall lengths are modeled in Revit. I suppose your could remodel your walls that way in Revit and see if it translates better.

You can also try using the "export selected elements" in the Revit Link dialog. At least then you can get your beams or whatever you have highlighted. Then you just have to model the walls in RAM which is just connecting the dots.

It's not perfect, but I think either option is still easier than remodeling the whole thing in RAM.

Login to Give a bone

Ram is good for Columns and beams and sometimes Footings if the structure is light.

Login to Give a bone

Ram recomends that you run the analytical check fairly often in Revit as you build the model. The link works strictly off of the analytical model and not the physical model.

Also a new version of the link is available as of early February that is suppose to be alot better.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
    Ram recomends that you run the analytical check fairly often in Revit as you build the model. The link works strictly off of the analytical model and not the physical model.

Also a new version of the link is available as of early February that is suppose to be alot better.
    A new version of what is available? Is there something newer that RAM-Revit link v2.2?

Login to Give a bone

The newest version of the link that was put out earlier this month is version 2.2.2.0

Login to Give a bone

Best suggestion I can make to you is to e-mail Ram support. They have been very helpful in resolving problems. They will usually ask for your model, but they send it back fixed.