Thread: Beam System Troubles

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Beam System Troubles

We've been working in Revit Architecture, and decided to build the structure of our building (approx. 98,000 SF with multiple sloping roofs) in Revit since our structural engineer is still using AutoCAD thinking it would help us in the coordination process. It is now just a huge PITA and we're thinking of scrapping the whole thing and just putting in detail components.

The project manager would like us just to correct the structure so that it's there if we decide to cut any more sections through the building. But we're finding that to be difficult. We're using steel beams, steel joists drawn as beam systems, and steel columns. Controlling the beam systems seem to be the biggest problem. I don't know if it's just because I haven't worked with them enough or if there are inherent problems with beam systems in Revit Architecture. In the example below, the sketch of the beam system was revised to only go to the interior face of the wall, as shown on the left. However, the beams still go through the wall, as shown on the right. Is it more trouble than it's worth to fix it?
    Attached Images Attached Images