See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Profile Linetype Generation

Login to Give a bone

Default Profile Linetype Generation

My existing ground profile has a dashed linetype assigned to it. Only problem is the linetype is not generating correctly. I am getting spotty areas of displayed dashes and other areas are more or a continuous linetype display. I have checked the properties of the profile and the "Linetype generation" is set to yes, in fact there is virtually no change when changing this to yes or no. SO, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and do you know how to fix this annoying problem?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Profile Linetype Generation

Grasping at straws here. Does it help if you change to a line type that has shorter dashes? Could you get the expected results if you use the dash2 line type or the hidden2 line type? We currently use the hidden2 line type with the expected results. I guess that would not fix your problem just work around it. Sorry it is the best I have got.

Login to Give a bone

Is the profile dynamic? The linetype gen does not work correctly on static profiles. There is no fix for this problem.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Jeff, the problem is the "Static" profile. I had used data shortcuts when creating my plan and profiles which makes the profiles static. I even data shortcut my existing ground profile which in hindsight was not such a good idea. Since I already have the alignment and surface data shortcut into my drawing I can just create the existing ground profile in each sheet to get the dynamic benefit. Again, thanks and I hope this helps others as it has helped me.

Login to Give a bone

i'm having a similar problem, my profile line "splits" into two lines near the pvi, and the hidden or dashed linetype that i made it isn't visible near the pvi's, how can i change the line to not split and the dashed linetype can be seen continuous from beginninig to end of my profile

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Just kind of thinking here. If it is essenstial that your profile display with linetypes going through the PVI's, then I suppose you could create a surface from the profile data and then sample that data as a surface profile.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I'm having similar linetype issues. I have done my best to always keep the surface profiles dynamic; correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems that as soon as i create shortcut reference of the same surface profile it becomes static in the drawings it's shortcutted into.

I think going back through each sheet that is made and recreating another dynamic profile not only defeats the purpose of the production tools but it also defeats the purpose of using shortcuts for sharing/updating raw data.

There must be a more efficient solution to this problem.

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Well, if you find it, please share it with the rest of us.

Login to Give a bone

Please forgive the delayed response. I don't get on here much anymore as I no longer am working in the civil field for the moment do to my layoff in June of 2008 and I am now doing cad for a custom lighting company. That being said I am a little rusty but from what I can remember I found no easier and faster way of correcting the issue. I still remember having to delete the profiles created by plan production and recreating a dynamic profile from the surface and alignments that had been brought in by data shortcuts. Oh, and yes, it is a pain especially since you have to reassign the labeling info if i recall. If I can ever get back into the civil field again I will take a look at this issue again and maybe I can be more help then. I guess I can get a trial of civil 3d and take a look too since I have no idea when new civil work will be available. Sorry was not much help at the moment but I still remember this annoying issue and feel you pain. Hope to be back in the civil 3d trenches with you soon and will get back, good luck.