Thread: Adding Display Field to Room Tags: ADT 2006

Login to Give a bone

Default Adding Display Field to Room Tags: ADT 2006

Hey Everyone,

The problem I am having is relatively simple and was hoping to find the answer by searching the forums....but here ya go. And its in 2 Parts, the 1st part being the most critcal.

We have existing drawings of a hospital campus. The FM wants all the spaces polylined, have room numbers assigned and have SF displayed with the Room #. So we created the polylines and auto generated the spaces. And went about tagging the Rooms/Spaces, seems simple enough. But here is the conundrum. The default Room Tags in ADT will show either the Room and Room #, or Room Type with the SF. What I need is for one tag to show/display the Room # with Square Footage. And I would think it would be easy enough, but maybe someone slipped me decaf this morning.

And secondly is there a way to annotate the room tags so they would read M-XXXX or 1-XXXX, since there are multiple buildings, and no one really wants to go find room 21462.

As always thanks for the help.

Jim

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Display Field to Room Tags: ADT 2006

Make a room tag
    1. make and block with attributes the tag name or the attributes is Propertyset:Property ex: SpaceObject:RoomName
    2. make new Mv-Block using the Block as the view block of the Mv-Block
    3. insert the Mv-Block and Attach to the space
    Note to get the Building - room name put the attribute for builing right justed then text"-" then the room number left justed.

Note you will need to make new property definition for your spaces if the one you need are not there. There is the genObject Propertset then your can add the the spaces for building

• Building
    • RoomName
    • Sq.Ft.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Display Field to Room Tags: ADT 2006

Check the AU handouts. I think it was for both 2006 and 2007, someone, maybe David Driver, presented a program on using zones. This should help your situation for multiple buildings.

If you can't figure out the room tag thing, insert one in your drawing and explode it, maybe more than once. You will eventually get down to the property sets that define the items in the room tag. Then, make sure that the properties you need are available in the property set definitions, and re-create the room tag with the new information. I think the help tutorials do an adequate job of walking you through this process.