Thread: Schedule Formatting

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Schedule Formatting

Does anyone know how I can format my schedule to have multiple lines of text in a cell. I'm trying to format our concrete beam schedule to match the one we use in ACAD (see attached) and I'm not having much luck. Is it even possible. I'm guessing no.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Schedule Formatting

Text will automaticaly 'word wrap' based on the column width. You can force a carriage return by hitting shift>enter when typing text. To create a group heading you simply select the first cell in the schedule and drag the cursor to the last cell to highlight the cells you want to group. Look on the options bar and you will have the option to 'group'. Click there and type in the text for the header.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri Harvalias View Post
    Text will automaticaly 'word wrap' based on the column width. You can force a carriage return by hitting shift>enter when typing text. To create a group heading you simply select the first cell in the schedule and drag the cursor to the last cell to highlight the cells you want to group. Look on the options bar and you will have the option to 'group'. Click there and type in the text for the header.
    AWESOME!!! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Schedule Formatting

Does anyone know how to override the carriage return, thus making a long line of text in a wide cell, rather than allowing the text to return and wrap below?

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Schedule Formatting

Nevermind my previous question - Once the schedule was placed on the sheet, I could just pull the control triangles to make the entire schedule wider.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Schedule Formatting

Ok is there a way to get a Parameter name to wrap when its Vertical. I have set my headers to be vertical format however i cant adjust the up and down of the header field. Therefore the header just keeps getting bigger rather than wrapping the words down to the next line. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

looks like shift+enter only works for horizontal heading, anyone?

Login to Give a bone

Shift enter will allow us to create a second line of text in the field, but how to we see (and edit) all that text? Right now you can only view it after it is placed on a sheet, but then you cannot edit it. We need to be able to see all the lines at once while editing the schedule

Login to Give a bone

Man, too bad the Shift+Enter trick doesn't work on Vertical oriented headings. That would have worked like a champ. It works well for Horizontal. I think it would be fairly easy to give us this functionality in future releases. It's likely one of those 'fit and finish' items that no one expected someone to need but, in actuality, would be very beneficial to get our schedules to look the way we want them.

Headings can get very long (which is why it makes sense to have them vertically oriented, at times) and being able to wrap is a needed feature.

I'd prefer vertical grips to adjust the row height (just like we currently have for the column width). What's everyone's preference?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

How do you get the schedule "Title" to return? I have a schedule on a sheet and the Title is longer than the width of the total schedule and it just gives you a "..." Thoughts?