Thread: looking for healthcare components

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default looking for healthcare components

does anybody have healthcare components- clinical service sinks- multi-task medical lights- .... any help would be great
    thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: looking for healthcare components

I'm looking for the same thing. Can anyone direct us as to where this can be obtained? much appreciated,
    j

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: looking for healthcare components

Well I hate to burst both of your bubbles...but with HC you keep your families to yourself. I have created over 400 families in the last 2 years and needless to say it is time consuming and eats up alot of company time.

And I hate to say it but companies do not like to give out that type of property to people that are not on the same team and might be our competitors.

Better luck trying to build them on your own.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

The quick dirty way is to use the manufacturer's 3d cad/ max/ sketch up; place those in a family and then use them in the project. Then as you have time you can replace the cad with real Revit.

Clunky I know but better than taking weeks or months to draw everything off the bat.

Nick

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I work in Healthcare and if there's something that I don't need to see in 3D I'll create a 2D Family. I'll take the Plan, Side and Front Elevation of CAD drawings and import them into the appropriate family type. I needed to represent an Eyewash Station for example...I just downloaded the CAD drawings and put them in the appropriate View. It's quick and kind of a shortcut but I'm not about to model all those tiny little parts. The same technique is often used for toilets.

Also, if I have a family that I built and spent a lot of time on I would absolutely share it with you. How do I know someday I might need to get something from you? Karma...

It's all about increasing the usability of Revit for everyone...not making it harder.

Login to Give a bone

Karen has the right idea. Most of this stuff doesn't need to be fully 3d. I like to take the same approach as Karen but add some 3d elements that approximates the equipment. If I'm doing a rendering I would find something close in DWG or sketchup. Another option is to outsource all your content needs. You need to start the conversation with your companies owners about content creation on each job. When I prepare a scope of services and fee schedule I add content creation time or purchasing $$ into the project. So I look at the project and assess how many families I will need of each type and approx. time it will take to create them in each phase. then add that number to the proposal so its covered. You will probably find that you will save money by outsourcing your content creation. However you need to work with a good outsourcing company.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK