Thread: Well connected piping

Login to Give a bone

Default Well connected piping

Can someone please define what it takes to make a piping/plumbing system "well connected"? I've routed a lot of piping on a project, and none of it seems to be well connected. The plumbing fixture units are totaled on the main piping which would seem to me to mean that everything is connected well enough for Revit to understand the routing from fixtures to the end of the main at the exterior of the building. However, none of it is well connected, and therefore the sizing button is grayed out. The same problem is with the domestic cold water piping. All that said, somehow the domestic hot water piping is well connected even though I don't have a water heater in the system.

Thanks.

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Well connected piping

Have you created logical Systems for your layouts? That's the first culprit.

The next thing to check for is open ends in the System or broken connections. The best way to look for those is by applying a color fill to your modeling views that's based on fluid velocity. That way you can quickly identify parts of your layout with 0 flow.

I have an example of such a color fill in my Urban House MEP model, as well as a bunch of View Templates that apply View Filters for the MEP elements your projects. You're welcome to download the model yourself and use the "Transfer Project Settings" function to transfer those settings over into your existing project, that should save you a bunch of time if you'd like to go down this route.

Cheers,
    Kyle B