See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xref Plot Scale List removal

Login to Give a bone

Default Xref Plot Scale List removal

Is there a way to not have AutoCad show the xref plot scales when plotting the current drawing? The list can get long and all I want to see and pick from are the scales for the current drawing.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Xref Plot Scale List removal

Quote Originally Posted by rklee View Post
    Is there a way to not have AutoCad show the xref plot scales when plotting the current drawing? The list can get long and all I want to see and pick from are the scales for the current drawing.
    Hi,

If I'm understanding your question correctly, THIS THREAD may help you out.

HTH

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

There's quite a few of these already in this forum (and others), just to a search. One I've just added a lisp routine to is: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...182#post817182

If you simply want to restore the standard scales, then type -SCALELISTEDIT at the command prompt (notice the minus sign in front). Follow the prompts at the command line to reset the scale list. This will remove all scales & install the standard AutoCAD scales.

Here's another thread which explains it in great detail: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ght=scale+list
    Last edited by irneb; 2008-02-29 at 04:48 AM.

I could stop if I wanted to mom of 3's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

is there a default setting that has to be set in order for the list to not show up again AFTER a user has already reset the default list back? example - the drawing is reset to default, worked on, closed for the day, yet the next day, the long list is back again. I don't recall seeing any kind of setting mentioned in any of these posts, but I very well could have looked passed it.
    thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 View Post
    is there a default setting that has to be set in order for the list to not show up again AFTER a user has already reset the default list back? example - the drawing is reset to default, worked on, closed for the day, yet the next day, the long list is back again. I don't recall seeing any kind of setting mentioned in any of these posts, but I very well could have looked passed it.
    thanks!
    Has Service Pack 1 been installed? You can find out by selecting the "Product Information" button on the About dialog (type "about").
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Has Service Pack 1 been installed? You can find out by selecting the "Product Information" button on the About dialog (type "about").
    yep, we have that already.............

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Xref Plot Scale List removal

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 View Post
    is there a default setting that has to be set in order for the list to not show up again AFTER a user has already reset the default list back? example - the drawing is reset to default, worked on, closed for the day, yet the next day, the long list is back again.I don't recall seeing any kind of setting mentioned in any of these posts, but I very well could have looked passed it.
    With SP1 installed, scale list entries are only imported from 1 level deep xrefs, not eternally deep.

AutoCAD 2009 includes a tool for turning off (visually) _XREF scale entries.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Having SP1 installed is all good & fine. Unfortunately you have to clean up all drawings, including the XRefs. So if you've A, B, C & D xreffed into E, then you need to first clean A, B, C & D. Then open E and clean it as well.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Having SP1 installed is all good & fine. Unfortunately you have to clean up all drawings, including the XRefs. So if you've A, B, C & D xreffed into E, then you need to first clean A, B, C & D. Then open E and clean it as well.
    Right.

I wasn't trying to imply that SP1 fixes existing drawings. You still have to clean them just like before SP1. The difference is that they will come back with less aggression....
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    so even after SP1, I've done all that, yet when I go back into any of the drawings, they're still back in there.........
    so this is "fixed" in 2009? not that we're getting 2009 anytime soon.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast