Thread: Double Footings

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Double Footings

Why do I get two footings when I have a wall made of two materials at different elevations ( unlocking of of the elements in section and changing the height).

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Double Footings

Attached is an example. Do I need to make these wall separate to work?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Seems like you are not the only one running into this problem (small comfort, I know)

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...t=footing+wall

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=75699&highlight=footing+wall

I think the separate walls are probably the best solution for now.

Login to Give a bone

Have there been any solutions to this yet? My structural engineer is just now getting into Revit and is running into this in Revit Structure 2010.

Curiously, I placed a wall bearing footing in Revit Arch. 2010 and it placed only 1 footing at the bottom of my wall's extended layers only, which is the expected behavior. Odd that it would work correctly in Architecture but not Structure.

Login to Give a bone

My guess is that's because they are made from 2 different material. Check the concrete strength in the material setting. For some reason Adesk in the vast wisdom gave you the option to use all different types of concrete materials. If you have to use 2 different strengths of conc, Revit knows that they come from a different truck, hence a cold joint. Same reason you can't join them. So depending on which wall you used, (and they are different) you have a different type of concrete in the material. It wants to use the same material as you used for the wall. Again, Revit thinks it's smarter than the guy pouring the wall. Make them all the same in the template and you won't run into this problem again.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    My guess is that's because they are made from 2 different material. Check the concrete strength in the material setting. For some reason Adesk in the vast wisdom gave you the option to use all different types of concrete materials. If you have to use 2 different strengths of conc, Revit knows that they come from a different truck, hence a cold joint. Same reason you can't join them. So depending on which wall you used, (and they are different) you have a different type of concrete in the material. It wants to use the same material as you used for the wall. Again, Revit thinks it's smarter than the guy pouring the wall. Make them all the same in the template and you won't run into this problem again.
    What are you referring to that's made of two different materials? How does the material have any impact on whether only 1 footing or 2 footings are placed on a wall with a base extension distance (and unlocked layers) defined?

Login to Give a bone

Opps,
    I didn't realize he was trying to do something more like a stacked wall. I'd bet if you split them and make the covering it's own wall, you're problem goes away. Also the usage should be set to bearing in order to show up in both plans.
    This is just.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, making the lower extension a separate wall is one solution, but it would be nice if it worked correctly, like it does in Revit Arch. 1 wall with extension, 1 footing.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Is there a fix for this problem yet?

Login to Give a bone

Noticed this for the first time yesterday. Just started using stacked wall for our foundation walls and ended up with duplicate footings when splitting walls. Does not place duplicate footings when first placing the footing on the wall only when splitting the walls. Running Structure 2017.2.