After 17yrs of Autocad and various other cad packages I have plunged into Revit Architecture 2008. I have taken a Autodesk training course, and am slowly getting acclimated to the program. While I like how it is working, and I know this is the right direction, I do find myself grinding my teeth trying to get things done.

Typically I use the residential template to start a residential project, and for most I would show basic lighting, switching, outlets (phone, power, data), and wiring on one sheet. I have read various posts how to handle this, but can't quite get it

As I said, its basic electrical, so I can get lighting to display properly on the ceiling plan. I can get switches and outlets to display on the electrical plan. I can never see the switches and the lights at the same time to show wiring.

I tried to overlay the RCP sheet onto the Electrical sheet and failed. I tried adjusting the cut plane and that didn't work either. If it had though, where would I be drawing the wiring too ... on the sheet or in the model. I have even looked at the Visibility Graphics to see If I could override anything.

I have read other posts about a similar situation, but I am missing something. If this was acad, I would handle this via layer controls, but I don't seem to have that option.

Any help would be appreciated.