Description: When you enter a new finish in the finish details screen and enter the install date, the replacement date is calculated based on the anticipated life cycle (I'm sure this is the case with equipment as well, but I haven't checked). We have noticed that the replacement date is often a different date than we would have expected. For example if we have an install date of 01/01/00 and the life cycle is 10 years, the replacement date comes out to 12/30/09. It seems it is just adding 3650 days to the install date, which isn't completely accurate since there are two leap years in there.

How Used: This is only a tiny problem. We run annual projection reports for finish replacement and the current date calculation puts those finish replacements in 2009 instead of 2010. I think how we will work around it is to do an update query to change the install date from 01/01 to 06/01 so that it's never a problem, but there may be others in the future that put in 01/01 when they aren't sure of an exact date.

Feature Affinity: Finishes/Equipment