Thread: cookie cutter trim

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy cookie cutter trim

I have read the posts about the movement of this command from the express tools from ver. 2004 and on, but now using acad 2007, when typing: EXTRIM in the command line the resolt is: unknown command!
    is there a diferent command that i am not aware off? please advise for i use it frequently and it helps alot with the drawing.
    thank you,
    Tom.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: cookie cutter trim

Quote Originally Posted by bapho View Post
    I have read the posts about the movement of this command from the express tools from ver. 2004 and on, but now using acad 2007, when typing: EXTRIM in the command line the resolt is: unknown command!
    is there a diferent command that i am not aware off? please advise for i use it frequently and it helps alot with the drawing.
    thank you,
    Tom.
    EXTRIM works for me in 2007 & 2008.

Are you using full Autocad or Autocad LT 2007?

Login to Give a bone

thank you,
    Tom.
    AFAIK, EXTRIM is still a part of the express tools. Make sure your express tools are loaded (try running a different express tool is probably the quickest way). Type EXPRESSMENU at the command line to load the menu if it is not loaded.

If that doesn't work, try to do a repair installation, making sure you've used advanced options and selected Express Tools to be installed.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BrenBren View Post
    AFAIK, EXTRIM is still a part of the express tools. Make sure your express tools are loaded (try running a different express tool is probably the quickest way). Type EXPRESSMENU at the command line to load the menu if it is not loaded.

If that doesn't work, try to do a repair installation, making sure you've used advanced options and selected Express Tools to be installed.
    I may be wrong but I thought the EXTRIM got taken out of the express tools and made it's way into the regular command list in Acad 2005 onwards.

EDIT:
    Having said that in 2008 it still appears to be in the Express tools, it's in the express tools help anyway.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by H'Angus View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought the EXTRIM got taken out of the express tools and made it's way into the regular command list in Acad 2005 onwards.

I checked the help file in 07 - it showed up in the Express Tools help menu, not the regular AutoCAD - but then again, I wasn't checking in Vanilla AutoCAD. I should probably do that.

It is listed as a "command line only express tool" in 08 vanilla.

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: cookie cutter trim

Hi Guys.
    First i wanna thank for the replys. you are great.
    second, it didnt work
    i trief loading the express menu again by typing menuload and choosing to unload the express and reload it again with the acetmain.cui. it helped me with the breakiline command that works fine now, but when typing EXTRIM the resolt now changed to:
    " error: invalid binary file format: bad body(2".
    anyone knows what should I do?
    i am trying to avoid reinstalling or repairing the autocad again.....

Tom

Login to Give a bone

Hi Guys.
    First i wanna thank for the replys. you are great.
    second, it didnt work
    i trief loading the express menu again by typing menuload and choosing to unload the express and reload it again with the acetmain.cui. it helped me with the breakiline command that works fine now, but when typing EXTRIM the resolt now changed to:
    " error: invalid binary file format: bad body(2".
    anyone knows what should I do?
    i am trying to avoid reinstalling or repairing the autocad again.....

Tom
    I would probably say at the very minimum a repair of your installation. It looks like something might be corrupt.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi guys n gals... my first time on the forum.... I have a similar situatioin as bapho... I have recently allowed AutoCad 2004 to install SP 1a .... since the install I have a couple of lisp routines and the cookie cutter (extrim) command that doesn't work anymore... Unlike some of you on this thread I don't use a toolbar to activate the command, rather I have included in my acad.pgp file a shortcut (cc+r-mouse) to activate the command.... Anyway it's the same results:

Command: cc
    Unknown command "EXTRIM". Press F1 for help.

Any thoughts on why SP 1a would have caused this

Jake

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Welcome to AUGI & congrats on your 1st post.

As per BrenBren's post ... type EXPRESSMENU to ensure the Express Tools are loaded properly.

As for other lisp routines, ensure that your support paths in OPTIONS is still pointing to the folders where these LSP files are saved. Also how are they loaded? Should be something like an ACADDOC.LSP file. If it was in an ACADDOC2004.LSP the service pack could have overwritten this - that's why you should never modify this file (you'll loose all your modifications on any update).