Thread: Color of border around cropped bitmap

Login to Give a bone

Default Color of border around cropped bitmap

In the material editor I have placed a bitmap on a cube sample. I want to use it as an image on the model of a sheet of paper draped over the edge of a table.

It is a simple enough matter to have the bitmap entirely cover the sheet of paper, but in the interest of realism, most renderings and drawings have a margin and do extend to a bleed edge.

I have cropped and placed the bitmap on the sample cube so that there is a "margin" showing on the cube around the bitmap. When I place it on the "sheet" it behaves well and renders with the expected margin.

The problem I am unable to solve is that the color of the sample cube is gray. The gray of the sample cube maps onto the sheet and results in a gray margin around the bitmap. I am hoping someone knows how to alter the color of the cube itself to white. If I alter the Specular color to black in the Blinn Basic Parameters rollout I can change the color of the cube (and hence the margin in my rendering) to black. If I change it to white, however, the cube (and hence the margin in my rendering) only changes to a medium gray.

I'm still looking for white. Any ideas? Thanks!

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Color of border around cropped bitmap

Does it work if you change the Diffuse color to white?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Color of border around cropped bitmap

Thanks for asking.

I was in there turning everything I could find to white. So, yes, the diffuse, ambient and specular colors are all set to white.

On funny thing though, I am not getting bright white renders of objects (sheets of paper) that have a plain white standard material applied to them. But I am getting good bright white areas in the bitmaps applied to other objects.

I have tried both mr and standard scanline renderers and spent a lot of time in the exposure settings. I can set exposure in either renderer to give a bright white to the standard white material objects, but then everything else is washed out.