Thread: How to download all Cabinet Files at once via Internet Download Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default How to download all Cabinet Files at once via Internet Download Manager

I m a newbie from India & lack of knowledge that which cabinet files r relevant to our Region. Pls tell me that which cabinet files

r required for smooth running of Revit. I m downloaing cabinets through "Content Extract Dialog" It is very slow process. I got

Autodesk Libraries Link "http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/index.html" and found Imperial & Metric Templates here but

cant find "Rendering" & "Web Libraries". Can u tell me that in which branch of this Tree all the cabinet & required files

(Directory) can be downloaded via "Internet Download Manager.

Also Is downloading "Templates & Libraries" & downloading "Template & Family Libraries" Both are similar or Both are

different at this Link "http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=9262641"
    Thanks.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to download all Cabinet Files at once via Internet Download Manager

Are you sure isn't it better to reinstall Revit and choose to install its templates and families (Metric or Imperial) and all other extensions you want during the installation process? I notice in your other port you are trying to download Revit in pieces and assembling it together...

I know downloading all these files during the installation process takes time depending on your bandwidth, but I'm pretty sure it is more reliable and you will be sure nothing is missing.

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to download all Cabinet Files at once via Internet Download Manager

Hello, I m downloading cabinets & Templates files during Installtion through Content Extraction. But it gives error that ENUhelp & Render files cant installed. So I m asking that
    Is Downloading "Templates & Libraries" & downloading "Template & Family Libraries" both are SIMILAR?? or Both are DIFFERENT? at this Link "http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=9262641"
    Thanks.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

When you install Revit you can choose imperial, metric or both. Then after choosing it, you can also select additional extensions, like Canada, China, etc., that have items specific for these regions.

Since you are downloading from the Internet site, I believe downloading from "Template & Libraries" will give you the exact metric and imperial content that originally comes with Revit. Downloading from "Templates & Family Libraries" will allow you to download just the extensions, if you need.

That being said, you will probably want to download from "Template & Libraries".

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

Pls Sort out that Help is not working while pressing F1. It means ENUHemp file is not installed, pls tell me at which Link this help file can be downloaded.

I m downloading from "Templates & Family Libraries". I m frm India & Installed Amea.Cab & Canada.cab & run Revit Arch 2008, fortunately it isnt give any error that that some Templates are missing So My question is that Do I need to install all the .zip Cabinets files Listed under "Templates & Family Libraries"?
    Thanks

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

It will not give you any message that templates are missing until you need then and notive that the ones you need aren't there. That's why I said to you to download from the Templates & Libraries link. There you will have all the metric and imperial stuff that originaly comes with Revit and don't need anything else regarding families and templates.

The stuff you find under Templates & Family Libraries is just additional and specific for those areas. If you find some are useful for your area, than download too.

Regarding the Help file, you can try downloading fom here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=9481365

Look at the Revit Architecture User's Guide (.chm format) )chm - 64.1MB)
    Than just move the CHM file to your "Program Files\Revit Architecture 2008\Program" folder.

I hope it helps,

Andre Carvalho

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I have Internet Download Manager installed on my computer and at times it takes over some of my downloads. How do I make takeover all my downloads or any time I click a download button? Moreover is it possible to increase the download speed of IDM?