Thread: Printing Filled Regions within Families

Login to Give a bone

Default Printing Filled Regions within Families

Hi,

I've just come across an issue with the visibility of filled regions within familes loaded into a project. Scenario: Electrical Fixture family, Tel/Data, places modeled wall plate for 3D & Elev. and nests a generic annotation symbol for plan (variation of standard Revit content). If you plot with Vector Processing, the filled half of the nested annotation does not show, however if you place the symbol itself in the plan, the region then prints (see attached screenshots). I realize that you can print with Raster setting on and "see" them, but why the difference? Yes, I'm a little obsessed, but I would like to do a lot more content like this, and have been using Vector as our default setting, etc.

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Printing Filled Regions within Families

Quote Originally Posted by guy.messick View Post
    Hi,

I've just come across an issue with the visibility of filled regions within familes loaded into a project. Scenario: Electrical Fixture family, Tel/Data, places modeled wall plate for 3D & Elev. and nests a generic annotation symbol for plan (variation of standard Revit content). If you plot with Vector Processing, the filled half of the nested annotation does not show, however if you place the symbol itself in the plan, the region then prints (see attached screenshots). I realize that you can print with Raster setting on and "see" them, but why the difference? Yes, I'm a little obsessed, but I would like to do a lot more content like this, and have been using Vector as our default setting, etc.

Thanks,
    Dear Guy;

I tested this out in a variety of ways. If the nested symbol has a filled region it will not show up in the project when printing with vector. I believe the difference may be because of the following of the way the filled region is interpolated. In Autocad for instance we have fill mode that you can turn on and off. I did a test on this and set the view to wire frame (not hidden line) and it printed fine for vector settings. However when hidden line mode is set for the view, the solid filled region appears empty (outlined).

I did not get the same result when I nested a detail component (instead of a symbol) in the family. I am wondering if perhaps that could be a work around....

Best regards,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Printing Filled Regions within Families

did you test this as a work around? I am experiencing the same problem with my symbol for exit signs