Thread: arch top door

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default arch top door

I created a square panel door that has a profile around the edge of the panel (CIW 270-01-A). With the help of a friend, I also have created the same door with an arched top (CIW 270-01-B). The square top works great, the problem is on the arch top door; Revit will not create the sweep profile. I don't know if the issue is that Revit will not create a solid sweep along an arch or if it's becuase there is a formula associated with the length of the side panels.

The radius of the arch never changes; the spring line moves up or down depending on the width of the door, so we had to create the formula to handle that.

Is there a different way I have to make the sweep since it's on an arch?
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: arch top door

Quote Originally Posted by thomasf View Post
    I created a square panel door that has a profile around the edge of the panel (CIW 270-01-A). With the help of a friend, I also have created the same door with an arched top (CIW 270-01-B). The square top works great, the problem is on the arch top door; Revit will not create the sweep profile. I don't know if the issue is that Revit will not create a solid sweep along an arch or if it's becuase there is a formula associated with the length of the side panels.

The radius of the arch never changes; the spring line moves up or down depending on the width of the door, so we had to create the formula to handle that.

Is there a different way I have to make the sweep since it's on an arch?
    I've recreated the sweep in both doors using sketch 2D path rather than pick path. Then I locked it. Even the door without the arched top wasn't working properly when loaded into a project, because the sweep wasn't locked to anything. Flexing the door would cause it to stay away from the door panel.

See attached the corrected files.

Andre Carvalho
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: arch top door

Thanks Andre; I hadn't noticed that about the non-arched door. I have 3 versions of it with 1, 2 & 3 panels. The 3 panel works fine in my project; I'll have to go back & see what I did differently in that one.