Thread: 3D rendering for Interior design

Login to Give a bone

Smile 3D rendering for Interior design

Hi, I started learning 3D drawing recently. I am currently using AutoCAD 2006 and my goal is to provide the 3D visualization of interior spaces for our clients at the presentation. When I try to render the 3D interior space, the computer tends to lock up.
    Our IT technician is trying to find out what is the best software and hardware solution for me and I would like some advice. Would it be better to purchase different software like VIZ , or would AutoCAD 2006 good enough for rendering interior space? I do not need anything state-of-the-art, I just want to help the clients visualize the space. I would also like to know the hardware requirement that will last at least for the next 3 years.

Thank you in advance,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3D rendering for Interior design

Well, Viz is going bye bye after this release, so don't waste your money on that.
    How nice do the renderings need to be? You could use Max, or I think the Viz replacement is Max design. You could also just add materials in CAD, then export a 3D model to Design Review (the DWF viewer). They aren't the greatest quality, but you can cut sections, rotate it, do walk throughs and it's a free download from Autodesk, so your clients can do it too. You can just email them the file.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3D rendering for Interior design

I think CAD2006 is a good tool once you get used to it. It is not the best rendering tool but to start into the still rendering market and get some experience, it is fine. Plus, it is easy to use. If you want to do a good work, pay close attention to lights, landscape, try using texture patterns, you can take pictures and do cutouts to create new landscape objects. Something nice about landscape objects is that they align with the view automatically so you can do something quick. There is a lot more options to create textures and materials. Don't limit yourself to solids; surfaces are really good to give realism to the scene and don't forget about shadows too. Hope you like my brief tips. See u on my next shot.

Heriberto Olivo
    International Student
    SCC, Heatrhow, FL.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: 3D rendering for Interior design

Thank you for the advice. I started playing with rendering within the AutoCAD. I was wondering if it is possible to use the own material instead of the ones in the material library. What I want to do is to do the interior design presentation with the rendered image that refletcts the finish ( flooring, wallcovering, etc.) I selected. If possible, could somebody let me know how?

Thank you,

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Arrow Re: 3D rendering for Interior design

Quote Originally Posted by hitomi.turner View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I started playing with rendering within the AutoCAD. I was wondering if it is possible to use the own material instead of the ones in the material library. What I want to do is to do the interior design presentation with the rendered image that refletcts the finish ( flooring, wallcovering, etc.) I selected. If possible, could somebody let me know how?

Thank you,
    Hi my friend,Acad 2006 is good rendering for designer.If your computer specifications is good,you can draw with surface modeling and raytrace rendering.Here is acad 2006 rendering images and rendering times about 10 mins.http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=76004
    and autocad 2008 rendering for interior design 2 images is here http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=78035
    You can choose as you like what acad version.