See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: remove data link from drawing??

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: remove data link from drawing??

I am very anxious to try out your routine, but I don't see ACAD DATALINK in your left hand column list. Can you help?

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Ooops...how stupid. I had the wrong drawing open, there were no datalinks in it....sometimes I just shame myself a little too much...

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: remove data link from drawing??

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Ok, I've implemented the DATALINK Delete. Had to provide a way of also deleting any tables using the selected DATALINK. Otherwise, AutoCAD crashes if you then select the table.

Run the DICTEDIT command, select the ACAD_DATALINK dictionary in the left list. Select the DATALINK item in the List of Items (right-bottom). Click the Delete Item button. It will ask you a "Are you sure" question - just so you don't accidentally erase something you didn't want. If the link is used in a table - it will again ask if you also want to delete the table(s). If you answer No to any of the 2 questions nothing will be done.

I've also "wrapped" the entire command in an undo group, so if you decide it's a stuff-up you can simply undo to restore the data links and / or tables as before.
    This works fantastic! Worth a million buck! Well done! Don't forget to save, close and reopen the file.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: remove data link from drawing??

Hi all I'm pritty new to this Lsp business. I figure you type "Appload" to add the lsp, but when I type DICTEDIT noting happens (just loaded 2010 toaday). Prob won't help. What do I need to do please?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ben.heaton View Post
    Hi all I'm pritty new to this Lsp business. I figure you type "Appload" to add the lsp, but when I type DICTEDIT noting happens (just loaded 2010 toaday). Prob won't help. What do I need to do please?
    Are you sure you followed the procedure described here? Note there's "better" / more "automatic" ways to load the file, but that's a bit more involved. To me the easiest way would be to drag-n-drop the LSP file onto ACad. Note none of these methods would load the file for use in anything else than the current DWG, to have it available for all drawings you must use one of the more automatic methods.

Also you need to have the DCL file (at least) inside one of the Options / Files / Support Paths - folders. Otherwise the dialog can't be displayed.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: remove data link from drawing??

re: Dictedit thankyou for your help ...much appreciated

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Dictedit thankyou for your help! fantastic!
    thankyou
    Guy

Login to Give a bone

Thanks irneb

You are a life saver. Thanks a million times..

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, I've implemented the DATALINK Delete. Had to provide a way of also deleting any tables using the selected DATALINK. Otherwise, AutoCAD crashes if you then select the table.

Run the DICTEDIT command, select the ACAD_DATALINK dictionary in the left list. Select the DATALINK item in the List of Items (right-bottom). Click the Delete Item button. It will ask you a "Are you sure" question - just so you don't accidentally erase something you didn't want. If the link is used in a table - it will again ask if you also want to delete the table(s). If you answer No to any of the 2 questions nothing will be done.

I've also "wrapped" the entire command in an undo group, so if you decide it's a stuff-up you can simply undo to restore the data links and / or tables as before.
    Excellent routine! Iv'e been scratchin my head for a year trying to get rid of those buggers

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you very much for your lisp