Thread: Benchmark Inventor x Pro-e x SW x SE

Login to Give a bone

Default Benchmark Inventor x Pro-e x SW x SE

Hi Friends,
    I need a atualized (2008 or 2009) comparizion performance of Inventor of others CAD systems. I have one with Inventor 11.
    Tanks

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Benchmark Inventor x Pro-e x SW x SE

Quote Originally Posted by danielsaraiva View Post
    I have one with Inventor 11.
    There is no valid comparison in existance.

Login to Give a bone

Good morning friends,
    recently for my MSc module of CAD-CAM I had to make a comparison between histoy-based modelers and non history-based. through the research I found some articles with comparisons but these articles are from magazines and not from a university. So I have to agree with JD Mather that there is no valid comparison.
    But I found a ''Comparison of the Inventor and SW CAD software for injection mold design''.
    It's Prepared for Solidworks Corporation By CAD/CAM Publishing, Inc but it is since 2004.

MCAD magazine of March 2007 has an extended review of Inventor 2008 and SW 2007 also.

CAD/CAM/CAE observer #6 (24)/2005 has an interview of Robert Cross-
    Vice President of Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions Division and in page 10 gives informations for Inventor and competitive products.

some useful informations for Inventor and SW are in a technical marketing white paper which explains the impact of the acquisition of the Kernel by Dassault (Dassault Acquires Spatial Technology) by think3.... www.think3.com

Vaggelis Vlachaitis

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by vaggelis.1109 View Post
    But I found a ''Comparison of the Inventor and SW CAD software for injection mold design''.
    Part of the problem is this is a moving target. There is plenty written, but doesn't make the comparison valid or up-to-date. You might want to check out the new AutoCAD Inventor Tooling 2010 software.

http://www.inventorconnections.com/f...33334&page=all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JD Mather; 2009-02-24 at 02:01 PM.

Just down the hall next to the manager's office
    Login to Give a bone

Most comparisons have been made by "One Eyed" user of respective product. There are few, if any, comparisons that are unbiased, as there are only, or seems to be, a few individuals that are stressing the viewpoint from their own respective package, be it Inv, Pro_E, SW, SE, or any other package for that matter, and mostly to boost sales of that product.
    It would be nice to have an unbiased appraisal done on each product, but unless you have a need for one it will probably never happen, (I.E. Start from scratch with no ideas as to what the package is capable of)
    I have used Inventor since Release 4, I find it works well, but because another package is different to work with, or acts a little different to what I am expecting, I find it a problem. Sure I could get used to it, but I would still be put out by the changes in operation.
    There are horses for courses, and, courses for horses.
    I am sure that some packages will work better for different types of industry.
    As for bench marking, they are normally processed with a single package over different computers, not one computer and different packages.
    There have been a few Comparitive hit outs, and I stress a few, where people have been set up to create models on different packages, but again those I have read seem to be from a "One Eyed" approrach.
    A true analysis can only be done by a single competent user of a few particular product packages on a relatively simple model which has never been seen by that user. If done in this manner the information gained could be posted on the internet for everyone to share. The chances of this happening....Slim.