Thread: Revit: Is there a way to set automatic 'file name' specifics when printing sheet PDF's?

Login to Give a bone

Question Revit: Is there a way to set automatic 'file name' specifics when printing sheet PDF's?

Is there a way of setting up the PDF printing to only include the sheet name or whatever specifics are required by the user rather than a full description?

For example, (See attached image) I only want '(90) 200' to be in the file name rather than it including the job number and sheet name. It's a real pain when you have 15 sheets to PDF and have to individually re-name them all to only include the sheet number.

PDF 'Save as' file name box.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit: Is there a way to set automatic 'file name' specifics when printing sheet PDF's?

Hi,
    Not sure if Cute PDF can do it but with Bluebeam you can.
    We also use an external free tool called Rename for batch renaming files after we print to pdf from Revit.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit: Is there a way to set automatic 'file name' specifics when printing sheet PDF's?

We first plot to PDFs and then use Bulk Rename Utility to rename them at once (as long as they are in the same folder).
    http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Login to Give a bone

How can you do it with Bluebeam?

Login to Give a bone

Typically I have Revit automatically name all the sheets in the batch print and then I use the "RenameIt Master" freeware to remove the extra stuff from the file.
    In order for you to get blue beam to do the trick you have to use the Plug In, and the Plug In doesn't seem to want to ever remember selection sets so I don't typically use it. I'd love to, but they haven't built that function in yet as far as I know.

Login to Give a bone

I just reported the plugin bug with Sets last week.
    Bluebeam confirmed it's a known issue and the next release (August?) is supposed to fix it, along with support for 2018.