Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revit Standards

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Standards

I noticed that HOK, in a move to promote standardization the the Revit/BIM industry, has posted their CAD Standards for the public to use as they choose. http://www.4bim.com/share/hok/hokcad...dstandards.htm

This got me to thinking, as members of AUGI and using these revit forums, we all have crossed or are crossing or will cross the bridge of developing a protocol/standard for our offices. We should post our standard documents for the rest of AUGI to read and learn from. I am currently in the "crossing the bridge phase" of things and will post when they are in a ready state.

In the meantime, does anyone care to share there devlelopments with the rest of the AUGI world?

Thanks,

I could stop if I wanted to PaperStreet SoapCO's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Standards

Although I may not agree with all of HOK's standards, I do like the way that document is layed out - organized and easy enough for a new user to know where to look when in doubt.

I would appreciate seeing other firms standards as right now all of the standards in our office exist in the head of the boss - makes for a lot of redlining.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I am up with the idea of sharing BIM/CAD protocol and learn from each other.
    We have CAD protocol and i am in a similar situation to the people who are migrating from CAD to BIM. I have some draft ideas in word doc. that i think would go in BIM protocol eventually. I havent see HOK BIM protocol. I will have a look and give my opinion.

Thyansk

Login to Give a bone

Oh come on...nobody wants to post?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

As an office relatively new to the Revit era, we would certainly benefit from observing how other more experienced firms address the corporate BIM standards. I wonder though if firms -- HOK aside -- would be hesistant to post their documented standards.

Only last week did we initiate the discussion regarding office wide Revit standards now that we've moved past the pilot project.

NIBS is starting to develop a set of BIM standards in addition to the well publicized National Cad Standards. http://http://www.facilityinformatio...blications.php. Obviously it will be generic and not as specific to Revit as the intent of the post, but may help establish common ground. It will be interesting to see how this document develops.

EDIT: my bad--i now see that HOK references the NBIM standards already....i only got as far as their corporate stds.

- Jon
    Last edited by kingjosiah; 2008-04-18 at 07:42 PM.

Login to Give a bone

This link is now expired, is there any chance that someone has saved these to their computer and would be able to provide a copy of them?
    I'm developing a Revit Standards text for my firm and I'm looking for some layout ideas, our production manual in Revit will differ from the CAD standards quite a bit as there will be procedural instruction on best practices, to achieve the desired result as well as graphic examples rather than a help file format.

I could stop if I wanted to Kevin Janik's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I can find a copy. Please E-mail send me a personal E-mail and I will find them.

Kevin

Login to Give a bone

Looks like the current document is here:

http://www.wbdg.org/bim/nbims.php

Login to Give a bone

Is the link to HOK standards bad or is it not available?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I am interested in this also, as I would like to contribute to the cad standards of the firm I work for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast