Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are Expresstools in 2009.

Login to Give a bone

Default Where are Expresstools in 2009.

Just loaded 2009, but can not find express tools on the set up disks, I'm using mechdesktop as part of the inventer suite by the way.

Any help much appreaciated.

Regards

Don Smith

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Where are Expresstools in 2009.

I use vanilla, so I can't be sure about this. Anyhow...

Express Tools are part of the default install. You can find them by clicking on the Ribbon Menu (the big "A"). Their under the heading for Express. I don't know of a way to place them on the actual ribbon bar, short of customizing the CUI to do it. Worth a shot though if you're and avid ET user.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

In Vanilla it's there (installed automatically) it just doesn't show up in the ribbon. You have to turn on the toolbars / got through the menu. Unless of course it's because I've had my 2008 setup migrated to 2009 & that brought Express with?

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the suggestions, but they do not appear in the on the Ribbon Menu (the big "A"), I've tried typing "expressmenu" at the command prompt as and get "Unknown command "EXPRESSMENU". Press F1 for help."

I just accepted the defaults during installation, and I've tried looking on the installation disks without any luck.

I must be missing something.

Regards

Don Smith

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Here's a couple steps you can check:
    1. Browse to your AutoCAD installation. This should be C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2009 (at least on XP it is). Under this there should be an Express sub folder. If it isn't then it's not installed with your version of AC2009 - mine's simply the Vanilla-like AC2009.If this does exist then:
    2. Make sure that path's added to your support paths: Click the Options button (lower left) in the "Big-A" menu to open the Options dialog. Open the 1st page called Files. If it's not there then click Add & Browse to set the new path to this Express sub folder. Close the Options dialog. (see Capture_0 attached)
    3. Type CUI at the command prompt - this opens the Customize User Interface dialog. Check the loaded menus by clicking the down-arrow next to the drop-down at the top-left. Check if acetmain.cui is listed. If not then do step 4, else skip step 4 & continue with step 5. (see Capture_1 attached)
    4. Click the "Load partial custtomizations file" button (the one with a blue Plus sign over a folder icon just right of the dropdown). Browse to where your roaming profile folder is placed. In XP it's C:\Documents and Settings\<< Your User Name >>\Application Data\AutoDesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.2\enu\Support. Then select & open the acetmain.cui file. (see Capture_2 attached)
    5. Select your current workspace on the treeview top-left. Click the Customize Workspace button top-right. Open the Partial CUI Files branch (at the bottom) of the treeview (top-left) open the EXPRESS branch. Check the box next to Menus. Click the Done button (top-right). And finally close CUI by clicking the OK botttun (bottom-mid). (see Capture_3 attached)
    6. You should now at least have Express under the "Big-A" menu.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

I'm using ACA, and it's not installed by default. Autodesk doesn't support the express tools, so they don't have them checked. You need to go to the disc, under custom install (I think that's it), and check the express tools box. Not sure why they are on in Vanilla but off in ACA. ~shrug~.

You can also install them through you "add a program" wizard. Just insert the disc, and add the express tools. Once you have them installed, you may need to type EXPRESSTOOLS on the command line to load them.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for eveyones help, I could not find them on the four installation disks that come with inventor, so I copied the files from my 2008 installation and touch wood they are now working fine.

Thanks again

Don Smith

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Heh...dang verticals. You think you're getting some awesome upgrade from vanilla, then you get short changed just like that [snap]. Why, back in the day, we drew everything using lines...didn't even have arcs and the like back them. Nope, we didn't need em.

Wow...it's been a really long week...longer than I thought from the looks of it...

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am operating ACA-A 2009. All the Express command locations, Menu bar, Big A dropdown, are visible. All CUI info seems to be there, yet I continue to get "Unknown command" for all Express cmds. Doesnt even recognize Expressmenu.

Any further suggestions would be helpful.

Login to Give a bone

Was Express Tools actually installed in the deployment? The existence of the CUI is no verification of that since it copies without Express Tools being deployed.

Use Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs, Modify install of AutoCAD, see if Express Tools was deployed.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast