Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior rendering help please

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Interior rendering help please

Hello!

I am trying to test rendering facilities in 2009. And i have placed fours cieling lights in a room and have 3 windows in it. Its a very small room. When i render it, its very dark. i can hardly see door/window. I can see sunlight coming through window and casting on the floor. how do i illuminate room? is there any such thing like dummy light to illuminate room?
    Can someone please help?

I attach revit file as well as a word doc showing rendering.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Interior rendering help please

You will need to adjust the exposure and also make sure your lights have been upgraded. Then check the lights and there are many more controls on them for how far the light is thrown, what light level, color etc. these all affect it. You can add studio lights for overall lighting, you will find those in the light fixture library, however you shouldn't need them.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Adjust your exposure after rendering. Should be fine. This is a draft view of your model. Rendered and adjusted exposure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

thanks Scott and Skisouth. I will try your suggestions and get back to you.

regards

Login to Give a bone

Adjusting the exposure that much leaves heavy artifacting... it just doesn't look good.

Daylight isn't lighting up a room the way it normally would, and lights are not lighting up a room the way they normally would.

I've experimented a bit with the new lights and MR, and the evidence suggests to me that there's something wrong... call it a bug, a new "feature", or someone just needs to clue me in to how it works.

p.s. - oh, if you change your rendering setting to "Interior: Artificial Only", put on the sunglasses.
    Last edited by iru69; 2008-05-09 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added important word

Login to Give a bone

I agree with iru69. I tried adjusting exposure after rendering but it looked plasticky and jagged and burnt at some places. May be i was doing wrond settings in exposure. I am trying Interior Sun and Artificial lights. And i am using sun light feature based on date Todays afternoon in London-UK. Its bright and sunny. We see strong sun light coming into the room but not illuminating the room enough as i shown in word doc.

I am at beginner level in rendering in revit so do not qualify to call this a bug without having proper knowledge in this. But i am sure you all experts out there would have something to say on this.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

It is very hard depending on time of day to get an interior shot with lights on competing with the sun outside. Your best bet is to get the interior looking good, then save as a .png file and swap out the background in photoshop. In this image I used both sun and artificial NO daylights, then adjusted the exposure slightly, exported as png adn place the background image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott D. Brown, AIA

BECK

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by iru69 View Post
    Adjusting the exposure that much leaves heavy artifacting... it just doesn't look good.

p.s. - oh, if you change your rendering setting to "Interior: Artificial Only", put on the sunglasses.
    You have to turn the exposure down when you change settings, sometimes it sticks from the previous. the heavy artifacting is a bug that is known about, you can overcome it with a couple diff settings. do a search and you'll find the answer to the spots you see.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA

BECK

Login to Give a bone

So, are you basically suggesting that 'Interior: Sun + Artificial' is in fact broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown View Post
    It is very hard depending on time of day to get an interior shot with lights on competing with the sun outside...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sbrown View Post
    It is very hard depending on time of day to get an interior shot with lights on competing with the sun outside. Your best bet is to get the interior looking good, then save as a .png file and swap out the background in photoshop. In this image I used both sun and artificial NO daylights, then adjusted the exposure slightly, exported as png adn place the background image.
    That was masking the window openings right. creating a void within the photo in photoshop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast