Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revit 2008 - Sheet Schedule Organization: Parameter / Filter

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2008 - Sheet Schedule Organization: Parameter / Filter

Hello,

I know this topic has been discussed at length, and after searching the forums, I found several threads to be a great help in creating an organized sheet index.

I am working on a small project and in order to create my drawing list I have created two parameters. The first parameter is "Discipline" (Arch, Struct, Mech, etc). The second parameter is a numeric sheet index (100, 200, etc).

I set up my schedule to sort by Discipline, and then Index #. This got my sheets under the correct discipline heading, and each set of sheets in the correct order. Now this is where I get stuck:

How can I get my Disciplines to sort in the correct order?
    The office standard is: General, Arch, Struc, Mech, Plum, Elec.
    Revit sorts them alphabetically.

I have attached a thumbnail of the schedule I have. How can I rearrange the discipline catagories to be in the right order?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2008 - Sheet Schedule Organization: Parameter / Filter

The way we do it is to have another parameter that is a sheet sort order categorizer. All the Arch sheets get a "1", Struc gets a "2", Mech a "3" and so on. If it fits your standards this might be able to supplant your Arch, Struc, Mech, parameter or work in tandem.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You can always add another parameter and call it Sort Order or something similar.
    I'd make it a number parameter so you can always 'insert' others without having to reorder everything. e.g
    4 etc.

All AUGI, all the time gwnelson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

...and then hide the column

Login to Give a bone

Ditto.
    We make ours by the hundreds.

Civil is 200
    Structural is 300
    Arch is 400, 500, 600
    Electrical is 700, etc, etc, etc.

That way, when Civil has a bunch of weird Sheet names that are not alphabetical, you can still sort those.

Also, if (when) our consultant is in Revit, we create a Sheet Index Schedule for them in our model. Then we have them "Insert from File" into theirs. That way they get our Sort Order parameter, and any other parameters, like SD Issue, DD Issue, Bid Pack 1, Bid Pack 2. They maintain their own Index & we just show it on our Title Sheet

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

Now, another question... If I apply a third parameter, would this parameter go on all sheets as the first two did, or is there a way to apply a parameter to the discipline name? (I guess that would be applying a parameter to a parameter)

Also to Dave P: How do you set up your parameters for your separate issues (SD, DD, etc). As you can see in my attachment, I made a stab at it but I am not happy with how it looks a.t.m.
    Could you attach a graphic example of how you would arrange it, if it is different from what I have done?
    I'd love to get the yes/no parameter to show nothing for "no" and eiter an x or a dot for "yes"...but that is another discussion entirely!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You could also rename your disciplines to 1 - General, 2 - Architectural, 3 - Structural, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkady View Post
    I am working on a small project and in order to create my drawing list I have created two parameters. The first parameter is "Discipline" (Arch, Struct, Mech, etc). The second parameter is a numeric sheet index (100, 200, etc).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ctc View Post
    You could also rename your disciplines to 1 - General, 2 - Architectural, 3 - Structural, etc.
    CTC:

That was actually the first solution I thought of, but then the number would show in the schedule, and that is not the look we want. Thanks for the suggestion!

Login to Give a bone

When you add a parameter and check the "Drawing Sheet" category, it applies to every Sheet.
    If you want to filter it for each Discipline, you can make a new Schedule and hide that field.

Regarding the "Yes"/"No" - there is no way you can get a Yes/No to show anything other than Yes or No. I believe there is a Wish List request for that. We've made that a Text field and then used some of the special Windows characters. That actually works well, because we don't just say Issued Yes or No. We also have "Issued for Reference Only" and "Issued Previously", so we need up to five different values for that field.
    Go into Windows Start...Accessories...System Tools...Character Map to see what's available. Scroll down towards the bottom & you'll see some graphical characters. We use for Issued. One caution, though - make sure you see what it looks like in the Schedule View, on the Sheet, plotted, AND in the Sheet's Element Properties.

If you don't know that trick, it's really handy to select a bunch of Sheets in the Project Browser and use Element Properties to set the "Issued For" parameters.

For the SD, DD, CD fields, just add a Parameter in the Fields Tab of the Schedule. You can name the parameter whatever you want. You can also change the Field's title on the Sheet by editing the Title Header in the Schedule View.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jkady View Post
    CTC:

That was actually the first solution I thought of, but then the number would show in the schedule, and that is not the look we want. Thanks for the suggestion!
    You could also add a parameter for discipline order, so all General would be 1, Architectural 2 and so on.

Another way I have done it is to create different sheet indexes, then I just place them in the desired order on the cover sheet or wherever the index is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast