Thread: Underlay a plan/Layout

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Underlay a plan/Layout

Hi,

I duplicated a Level - Level 1 - in the browser tree and modified the view range etc to suit. I was going to use this copy of Level 1 to use as a underlay for Level 2 but it doesn't show up in the drop down list for Underlay's. It seems that it is only the Original Levels that show up in the drop down list.

What I did instead was to drag this view on the sheet and aligned it up with the existing view on the sheet. It work OK but it is always on top of the existing view. Is it Possible re-arrange the views - i.e. what plot order they have - like send a view to the background?

Thanks
    Jonas

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Underlay a plan/Layout

Jonas,
    i have run into the same problem and discovered that if you create a new level in an elevation view at the same location as your level 1 and name level 1a or whatever suits you
    instead of duplicating a view it will show up in the underlay parameter of your level 1 plan view.

hope this helps....

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I considered that too but when I use the new level as underlay it seem to ignore what ever view template I have applied to the new level (that is now underlay). On the new level I have (that I want to use as underlay) I have changed the shading of the walls etc but it is not showing up when I use it as a underlay.

Cheers,
    Jonas

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jhniopek View Post
    It work OK but it is always on top of the existing view. Is it Possible re-arrange the views - i.e. what plot order they have - like send a view to the background?

Thanks
    Jonas
    I considered that too but when I use the new level as underlay it seem to ignore what ever view template I have applied to the new level (that is now underlay). On the new level I have (that I want to use as underlay) I have changed the shading of the walls etc but it is not showing up when I use it as a underlay.

Cheers,
    Jonas
    Jonas,

To control the order on a sheet, first bring the view you want to be on the background and then bring the one you want on the foreground. In another words, the last view inserted on a sheet has the priority over the ones that are already places there.

Regarding the Underlay function, I don't think there's a way to control the way it shows, even if you change view range or objects appearances on the level being underlaid.

Andre Carvalho

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Andre,

I duplicated say Level 1 that I am going to use a underlay on a Sheet" for Level 2 i.e. I will put the duplicated view of Level 1 on same sheet as Level2 to display my walls under (here in Australia we need to show load bearing as hatched/shaded).
    I have set the view range of the duplicated Level as Top:2200 Cut 2200 Btm: 2100 Level 2100 but for some reason I can still see the walls under?
    What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
    Jonas

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Andre,

I duplicated say Level 1 that I am going to use a underlay on a Sheet" for Level 2 i.e. I will put the duplicated view of Level 1 on same sheet as Level2 to display my walls under (here in Australia we need to show load bearing as hatched/shaded).
    I have set the view range of the duplicated Level as Top:2200 Cut 2200 Btm: 2100 Level 2100 but for some reason I can still see the walls under?
    What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
    Jonas
    Jonas,

There are various methods to show loadbearing under elements hatched.

- Using filled region. (Though this creates future work when loadbearing columns/walls move or are added in).
    - Filters (This is the method i prefer to use for larger jobs, by adding elements into a filter say for level 1 then turning that filter on level 2 you can adjust the appearance of them as you require. Just remember to update your elements into the filter!) Using this method will require the use of transparent floors columns etc which is something you have to way up, generally at the beginning of a project. Otherwise you will not see the filters working for the elements below slab level.

Hope this has helped.

Regards,
    Brock