See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Ribbon tabs showing when they shouldn't

Login to Give a bone

Default Ribbon tabs showing when they shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
    When you save a workspace from the toolbar, it changes that setting from "Do not change" to the space that is active. So don't have the "automatically save workspace changes" option set. Instead, explicitly save the workspace and then use the CUI editor to change the stupid setting as Jeff mentions. (Yes, it is a stupid "feature".)
    For me and the other two users I have working in '09 this setting does not matter. I've tried every combination of these settings that I can think of - do not save changes, automatically save changes, start on layout, model, do not change - no matter what the settings are or what ribbon tabs are checked or unchecked in the cui the ribbon ALWAYS shows the 3D Modeling tabs for user created workspaces. In addition all of the icons disappear from the quick access toolbar in user workspaces. I chalked this up to the ribbon customization issues you discussed in another thread but based on your comments above it sounds like something different. The inability to create enterprise or user workspaces that actually work is a serious hindrance and because of this I'm not rolling out '09.

Is this something I should be reporting to Autodesk or are they aware of this issue as well? Is it related to the ribbon customization issue? Am I (and the other two here) the only one having this issue?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ribbon tabs showing when they shouldn't

Please note that I've split this post from another thread, as it had nothing to do with that thread's topic.

Yes, that first symptom is typical of the problems with the Ribbon and a partial Acad.cui file.

The 2nd issue, where your QAT is empty, is a due to a stupid decision by the programmer of the QAT. They didn't understand the purpose of a workspace, so they thought that they should put the QAT's complete configuration in the workspace. Hence, there is no way to create a standard QAT and apply it to all workspaces. You must recreate the QAT for every workspace! I howled when I saw that.

Go ahead and report it to Autodesk. The more they hear about it, the more attention they will pay to it.

This is related to the responses I've made in other threads regarding the Ribbon. However, the QAT is just a stupid design decision.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.