Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding a disclaimer to a drawing.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding a disclaimer to a drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    A Third-Party product like http://www.cadlock.com/
    Have a good one, Mike

We have used the Cadlock program and it seems to work well at locking down whatever portion of your drawing you want to lock down. Many times we use it just to allow a consultant to view and plot the drawing. This is better in some ways to a pdf or just plot files and it helps ensure our drawing integrity. The only down side that we've seen in Cadlock is that with your locked drawing you have to send the Cadlock plug-in and the person you send it to needs to install it before they can even open up your drawing. A few places haven't been technical enough to even install the plug-in and others just don't like the inconvenience. Hope this sheds some light on at least the Cadlock ideas. Love the discussion.

Mike
    Rothman Engineering Inc.

I could stop if I wanted to macwizzy06's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stelthorst

I guess my only concern would be when I get requests (and I do) from other contractors and our sub-contractors for data I didn't create.

Any ideas on how to handle these situations? (I would just tell them to get the drawings from the source (i.e. Architect or General Contractor) but we are usually working with short deadlines and don't have time to add more layers of bureaucracy to the process)
    There were times when I had to modify drawings (from Clients/Consultants) for upwards of one score times (too much unnecessary work), in the name of keeping them up-to-date for other subcontractors, etc. These days I leave a copy of the original architectural layouts received and just before sending same to Subcontractors, add bold blocks "AS RECEIVED".

Wisdom Macaulay
    Asst. Tech. Manager
    GAMA Engineering Ltd.

I could stop if I wanted to andy.manninen's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

At my company we sometimes need to send out base drawings, we require anyone that is not our client, for that specific job, to sign a hold harmless legal document before we send out any files. The Hold Harmless sets guidelines for the use of our data. People will be able to get around any disclaimers in the drawings so with a hold harmless you have a legal document to protect you if they try to misuse the data.

Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12