See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Eccentric Duct Work Transitions

Login to Give a bone

Default Eccentric Duct Work Transitions

I did a quick search and people seem to be having problems with the ductwork transitions in general. So I feel a bit better about this whole thing.

I can't seem to find a flat on bottom (or top) concentric on the side rectangular transition. So to take a page from buzz's book. I want

__
    \_/

I'm getting

__
    |_/

But the concentric one above is not flat on the top or the bottom.

I'm trying to do a fairly large BIM model where space is tight and AMEP doesn't seem to let me create flat on top or bottom pieces without having one of the other sides flat as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Eccentric Duct Work Transitions

Quote Originally Posted by orban1 View Post
    I did a quick search and people seem to be having problems with the ductwork transitions in general. So I feel a bit better about this whole thing.

I can't seem to find a flat on bottom (or top) concentric on the side rectangular transition. So to take a page from buzz's book. I want

__
    \_/

I'm getting

__
    |_/

But the concentric one above is not flat on the top or the bottom.

I'm trying to do a fairly large BIM model where space is tight and AMEP doesn't seem to let me create flat on top or bottom pieces without having one of the other sides flat as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I have found that by default, the settings make one side flat like you are getting. In order to get flat on top or bottom, you have to use an eccentric transition and then you have to modify the "Eccentricity" for the fitting after inserting. I have attached a drawing showing the different settings needed to accomplish what you are looking for.

Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Eccentric Duct Work Transitions

Wow I feel like an idiot! Thanks alot.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Eccentric Duct Work Transitions

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    I have found that by default, the settings make one side flat like you are getting. In order to get flat on top or bottom, you have to use an eccentric transition and then you have to modify the "Eccentricity" for the fitting after inserting. I have attached a drawing showing the different settings needed to accomplish what you are looking for.

Hope this helps
    This fixed my issue for rectangular or round fittings but I don't have that option for a square to round fitting. It all seems to be concentric. =/

Login to Give a bone

Doesn't look like anything available for doing this with rect. to round. I've been wanting to get into making my own parts. This looks to be a good chance to do so. I'll let you know what I come up with.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Jonathon,

You may find help here: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=71522

Good luck...

-Buzz

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi all,

I know this thread is nearly 2 months old now, but I know it's come up before when I've been looking for help with eccentric duct fittings.

Anyway, here's what I'd like to share: I had come across this website ( http://inside-the-system.typepad.com...g-off-the.html ) a couple months ago, but never really got around to checking out the topics of videos that are included. As you can see, the website is published by Kyle Bernhardt, a former MEP Support Technician (before he was promoted), and it contains several videos he created to help his customers resolve AMEP issues. The videos are created using ABS 2006/2007, but it seems a lot of the tips still apply to AMEP 09.

In particular, check out the videos titled "Adding Eccentric Round to Rectangular Transition" and "Transition Justification". I know they both changed my opinion of eccentric transtions from 'a pain in the neck' to 'a little more manageable'.

For instance, adding an eccentric round->rectangular transition is as simple as modifying the fitting's options (through Content Builder) and checking the 'Eccentric' flag.

The "Transition Justification" video has some great tips on how to automatically add eccentric transitions and get them to behave the way you want the first time. And also, a really good tip on the annoying Angular Eccentric Transitions and how to get them to go to the other side (just change the eccentricity factor to 2).

Just thought I'd share in case you haven't come across that website yet.

Happy AMEPping!
    Brad