Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect Schema?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Incorrect Schema?

Not sure...came from another office and I didn't get all the details. If I find out I'll post back but if I recall they just created a new central and new locals and the error went away.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

i am trying to access a recovery file but i get a message saying " file contains an incorrect shema" Anyone?? Help Please!!
    Last edited by ymartinez; 2010-07-08 at 03:53 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I'm getting the same message file name, "contains an incorrect schema".
    I worked over the WAN on Friday.

In this case it was a corruption of the central file. I opened the central file saved it as a new file and made it a central file and had all the users make new local files.
    Last edited by cganiere; 2010-08-02 at 06:21 PM. Reason: updated information

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It happens when theres issue saving to central. Its the DB Schema that it referes too. Must have been a routing problem, hardware problem, etc.. not easy to troubleshoot.

Easiest way to prevent is to recreate the central and of course the locals.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

We get it a lot when people VPN from the outside, and work on Workshared projects. For that reason, weve told everyone not to. Too many variables: Internet connection whereever they are, net traffic, etc.

We tell them to Remote Desktop to a station on the premises, instead.

Ive also seen it on non-workshared projects that were put on an FTP site (or other) while someone was still in the file.

Login to Give a bone

I just got the Incorrect Schema error... working on an individual file, non-workset based, at my desktop in the office. Weirder though is that I was saving for the first time on a brand new file when an "irrecoverable error occurred... but your file was recently saved so no worries" pop up happened. Then when trying to open the file that I just saved from before the crash, (which was only 12kb?!?!) I got the Incorrect Schema error..

we're having a lot of the irrecoverable error messages, but this is the first with an incorrect schema error thrown in.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Rosanne.Smith View Post
    I just got the Incorrect Schema error... working on an individual file, non-workset based, at my desktop in the office. Weirder though is that I was saving for the first time on a brand new file when an "irrecoverable error occurred... but your file was recently saved so no worries" pop up happened. Then when trying to open the file that I just saved from before the crash, (which was only 12kb?!?!) I got the Incorrect Schema error..

we're having a lot of the irrecoverable error messages, but this is the first with an incorrect schema error thrown in.
    12kb file usually means it got killed before the save. Machine stats? Amount of memory? We were getting crashes and fatal errors with "saves" and 12kb useless files, when we were pre-64 bit and sub-4GB of RAM.

Login to Give a bone

I had this error as I was saving right before a crash. Then I noticed that my central file was not saving at all and I had been saving at my reminders. Then when I went to open my local back up is was corrupt. I lost a half of a day of work. My local file time stamp was off by 3 hrs.

Is this a server issue then?

Be very carful this bug is not fun.

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

That sounds very like my error "[file name] contains an incorrect schema". I got a message that Revit was crashing and to save a recovery file. That save seemed to work but gave me just the 12KB file mentioned earlier, which obviously won't open. When I went to see when I last had saved to central that file was one and a half hours old - odd because I get a synchronise and save reminder every 30 minutes - and I usually do sync when told.

Some background
    - Windows 7 / 64 bit / Revit Architecture 2011
    - We have also recently had work on our servers with a few issues.
    - I've been seeing some problems with the driver to my Quattro graphic card
    - At the time I was trying to learn about compound walls inside a 17MB project, but only had made one.
    Last edited by duncan; 2011-08-19 at 08:57 AM. Reason: added info

Login to Give a bone

One of the user just reported that she got the same "incorrect schema" error and can't STC her file.
    I was able to do a saveas for that local file but decided to run a new local file from central since there is not much of a loss of data.
    But did anyone come up with an answer about what happen?
    The user just started the model in Revit arch 2012 (about 20Mb), it is a worksharing file but she is the only person working on at the time.
    Nothing crazy nor no crashes happen before.

I don't see this as a immediate threat yet but wanted to know if there is a solution to it. The first post from Aaron was from 2008!!!

Philip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast