See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snap to AEC objets

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Snap to AEC objets

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Architecture 2009.
    While i'm working, i loose the ability to snap to AEC object, except to 'Nodal" snap, all the snap settings work with normal "2D" work, but not with Wall and all the rest of the stuff !!

any ideas how to solve this ?

thx

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Snap to AEC objets

Dose this happen in a 2d plan view or are you trying this in a 3d shaded or hidden view?
    I've alway had issues try to snap to anything in a hidden view or a 3d line work view, which why I usually have may view set to 2d line work. In plan I've not had this issue though. Have you tried to tell it what you want to snap to? ie end point or mid point? ACA can get confused if because of the number of points available to snap to. Just a thought.
    On a side note, I'm still on 2007 so......

Login to Give a bone

I've had this happen sort of. It's hit and miss, but somethimes I can't snap to each component of a wall, just the justification line, when I'm moving a wall or creating a new one to start at a certain point. But if I draw a line, I can snap to all components. It's only walls. I've never had a problem snapping to doors/ windows, etc.

I've just learned to live with it.

Login to Give a bone

Any chance that Layer 0 or Defpoints is off or frozen? Thaw/turn on those layers and see if that helps.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    Any chance that Layer 0 or Defpoints is off or frozen? Thaw/turn on those layers and see if that helps.
    You might be on to something there. It's hit or miss, so I can't remember which drawings its happening in. I do keep plines for the building outlines on layer 0 and freeze it when I don't need it. Maybe that's the problem..............

Just tested it, it's not that. I'm thinking it only lets a wall snap to justification because that's where it needs to snap to so it cleans up properly. That's my guess anyway. I could have swore I could snap walls to all components before though........

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    You might be on to something there. It's hit or miss, so I can't remember which drawings its happening in. I do keep plines for the building outlines on layer 0 and freeze it when I don't need it. Maybe that's the problem..............

Just tested it, it's not that. I'm thinking it only lets a wall snap to justification because that's where it needs to snap to so it cleans up properly. That's my guess anyway. I could have swore I could snap walls to all components before though........
    The original poster only mentioned generic AEC objects. If you are using 2009, there is a new snap setting for Walls that toggles whether snaps only apply to the wall graphline or to other components.

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, I remember another post that talked about that. I can't remember where the setting was, but I do remember it was set to what they said it should be set to. ~shrug~ Not a huge issue, but it would still be nice to figure it out.

Login to Give a bone

For those who may not know where this setting is made, it is a menu option if you right-click on the OSNAP button on the Application Status Bar (but not on the SHIFT-RIGHTCLICK OSNAP override pop-up menu). Or you can choose Settings on that right click (or otherwise open the Drafting Settings Dialog and choose the Object Snap tab), you can toggle the setting there as well. See the attached images.

And yes, I changed the new icons back to the text labels. I mostly use 2004 at the current time (with the promise of migration to 2008), and learning new icons for occasional use in 2009 at home is more than my rapidly aging brain cares to handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

That was it. Thanks for finding it again David.

Login to Give a bone

Hello,
    I am not good at linking items just because I am not in as much as I should be. I posted this issue in discussion forums at autodesk .com and this is the thread:
    Discussion Groups Index > AutoCAD Architecture Groups > AutoCAD Architecture > ACA 2009 Snap to wall component.

If somebody can link this it would be better.

There are a couple of threads along the same lines.

And I wish they would get the email notifications worked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast