See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Multi-Site FMD [FMDesktop]

Login to Give a bone

Default Multi-Site FMD [FMDesktop]

Is anyone using FMD to manage multiple sites? Problems I am having with this are:

a) the Today page, under Space Status, shows the summary of all sites instead of letting me see Capacity and Vacancy for each site.

b) When producing a report that is filtered for one sites information only the report header still shows the site information that is in the Organization fields.

c) Under System Settings, Today Options, Edit Filters I can filter Projects and Work Requests by site but nothing else.

Thank you for any assistance,

William

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multi-Site FMD [FMDesktop]

I am interested on "shows the summary of all sites instead of letting me see Capacity and Vacancy for each site. " too.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Multi-Site FMD [FMDesktop]

William,
    I am not doing this yet, but, I will need to in the future.

If there is no one able to answer this question, perhaps we should post a Wish in the Wishlist Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamA View Post
    Is anyone using FMD to manage multiple sites? Problems I am having with this are:

a) the Today page, under Space Status, shows the summary of all sites instead of letting me see Capacity and Vacancy for each site.

b) When producing a report that is filtered for one sites information only the report header still shows the site information that is in the Organization fields.

c) Under System Settings, Today Options, Edit Filters I can filter Projects and Work Requests by site but nothing else.

Thank you for any assistance,

William
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Wanderer,

Done. It took me a while to figure out how to do this. Hopefully I put it in the correct place.

William

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Multi-Site FMD [FMDesktop]

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamA View Post
    Wanderer,

Done. It took me a while to figure out how to do this. Hopefully I put it in the correct place.

William
    William,

Thanks! (and now we wait )
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure what you mean by "sites". Where does "site" exist in your hierarchy?

I have set up a different database for an off site RV park. It has a second datalink and references a whole different set of DWF's and information. If you go to "datalink" you will see the "sample" database that you can link to - well I have another one there called RV park and all my information for that "site" is there.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RTCADMAN View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "sites". Where does "site" exist in your hierarchy?

I have set up a different database for an off site RV park. It has a second datalink and references a whole different set of DWF's and information. If you go to "datalink" you will see the "sample" database that you can link to - well I have another one there called RV park and all my information for that "site" is there.
    Site=Location. I have a building in Texas and another building in California. The 'Space Status' heading on the 'Main Menu' shows 'Total Capacity', 'Vacant', 'Available', etc. for all locations. If I need to assign an office to a user in TX, then I am only interested in TX space, not CA space.

Creating another database is not an option I had considered but might be worth considering. Seems counter productive though since I'm trying to use FMD to consolidate information into one place. I'll play with this and see what happens.

William Avery