Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isometric view

Login to Give a bone

Default Isometric view

What's the best way to show an isometric view of my building? I've tried it by doing an elevation of my 3D model, then messing with the angles to make it look sorta correct. It comes close after a lot of work, but it still isn't right. The problem with using an elevation is that all the wall show up on the same plane, there isn't the perspective view. So if you make your viewpoint the corner of the building, the adjacent wall dont angle back from that point, they are on the horizontal instead if that makes sense.

I then tried doing a composite model and using a camera. It has the angles I'm looking for, but when I Xref the camera view into my sheet set and plot it, it plots horribly and is missing some lines. I'd rather not do it that way either. Is there any other ways? I'm trying to have an isometric of my building on my cover sheet.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Isometric view

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    What's the best way to show an isometric view of my building? I've tried it by doing an elevation of my 3D model, then messing with the angles to make it look sorta correct. It comes close after a lot of work, but it still isn't right. The problem with using an elevation is that all the wall show up on the same plane, there isn't the perspective view. So if you make your viewpoint the corner of the building, the adjacent wall dont angle back from that point, they are on the horizontal instead if that makes sense.

I then tried doing a composite model and using a camera. It has the angles I'm looking for, but when I Xref the camera view into my sheet set and plot it, it plots horribly and is missing some lines. I'd rather not do it that way either. Is there any other ways? I'm trying to have an isometric of my building on my cover sheet.
    If you have the 3D model could you just show a 3D view of it in a viewport and change to perspective view (via the right click menu).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by H'Angus View Post
    If you have the 3D model could you just show a 3D view of it in a viewport and change to perspective view (via the right click menu).
    Where is it in the right click menu? I'm not seeing it.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Where is it in the right click menu? I'm not seeing it.
    Inside a viewport set the view that you want, then right click and hit 3D-Orbit, then right click again and pick perspective. Then right click yet again and exit.

I'm not sure if that's what you wanted in your OP though

Login to Give a bone

Inside a viewport set the view that you want, then right click and hit 3D-Orbit, then right click again and pick perspective. Then right click yet again and exit.

I'm not sure if that's what you wanted in your OP though
    It didn't do anything. It's still just a top view.

All I want to do is have a 3D view of the elevation of my building on my cover sheet. Sort of if you were standing at the corner looking at the building.

Login to Give a bone

Never mind, it worked. I see now, parallel keeps the lines horizontal, perspective makes it............well.................perspective. I never knew to choos orbit and then right click!

Steve. You taught me something new today.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

It didn't do anything. It's still just a top view.

All I want to do is have a 3D view of the elevation of my building on my cover sheet. Sort of if you were standing at the corner looking at the building.
    Okay in a new viewport which shows the whole 3D building with whatever layers you want on/off, choose a 3D view (SE isometric for example) then zoom into whatever you want to show and set perspective as above.

You could then use the view as it is or use the flatten command to have a flat Autocad line view of the 3D view.

I'm a little confused by you saying you want a 3D view of an elevation, which is a 2D object.

Login to Give a bone

Okay in a new viewport which shows the whole 3D building with whatever layers you want on/off, choose a 3D view (SE isometric for example) then zoom into whatever you want to show and set perspective as above.

You could then use the view as it is or use the flatten command to have a flat Autocad line view of the 3D view.

I'm a little confused by you saying you want a 3D view of an elevation, which is a 2D object.
    See the post above yours.

I mean I want a 3D view of my model. Not a 2d elevation. Damnit Steve, I know what I mean!!!!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

See the post above yours.

I mean I want a 3D view of my model. Not a 2d elevation. Damnit Steve, I know what I mean!!!!
    Lol well as long as you know what you mean then that's the most important thing.

Login to Give a bone

Lol well as long as you know what you mean then that's the most important thing.
    Dude, you need to come to the states so we can hang out.

Okay, I tried what you said and it plotted, but without any hatching. I'm Xrefing in all of my walls, so I don't think flatten will help me. Any other ideas?

Well, hold on to that thought. We'll continue this on Monday. I'm outta here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast