Thread: Upgrading Through Multiple Versions

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Upgrading Through Multiple Versions

Has anyone had any successful, problem-free experience upgrading projects from Revit versions 3-4 releases past directly to the newest version?

I tried upgrading an old project from our archives that was closed in Version 8.1 to Revit 2009. The list of errors was very long including issues with rooms, joined geometry and more. Since we are using Revit for everything now (smallest 2-3 wall TI to largest multi-building campuses) and we have a long list of clients who have been with the firm for many, many years, this is a serious concern.

Before I waste a lot of time digging into this and re-inventing the wheel, any tips, techniques or suggestions? Any general observations about how the effect of just ignoring the messages? Any serious issues you cannot resolve with some time and careful review?

(To the moderators, I had no idea where to post this but am looking for as much feedback as possible. Feel free to move it.)

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Upgrading Through Multiple Versions

Phyllis,

I had a file created on Revit 9.1 (+/- 280Mb) that I tried upgrading to Revit 2009, and the only way it worked was bringing it first to Revit 2008 and then to 2009. But I think this was as specific case, because I had no problem with other files (smaller, though).

Also, I've read somewhere (I'll try to find the link) that people that had similar problems were able to accomplish the upgrade directly from the older version to Revit 2009, if using Windows 64.

I hope it helps,

Andre Carvalho